Author Topic: Is Anyone Still Holding Bitcoin?  (Read 12640 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I am more of a bag holder. I just into something, I hold it and if it goes where bitcoin is today I will quit my job. If it doesn't I lose my money...hehehe...

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
btsx has been the best trade I ever made. I put in .6btc at the right time (the cost of .6btc was $400.) I got 144,300ish btsx. I later sold others to be all in at 166,300 btsx. Not a HUGE amount but definitely a change for me!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
never held any bitcoins... By the time i discovered bitcoin it had already skyrocketed so it just didn't feel right to get in at these levels and obviously I lost from any kind of altcoin I was holding...

The situation appears to be recovered since I have discovered I3 and BTSX that's why now I am only holding BTSX and hope...

Offline Markus

• View Profile
I'm down to -5 BTC (minus five) :)

... including BitBTC of course

Offline gamey

• View Profile

The value of diversification is only relative to how long it takes you to rebound and build your "bankroll".

If you can go busto to robusto in a year or some such, then lack of diversification is not much of an issue.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
haha ya I think for many of us portfolio diversification went right out the window

Diversification  seems like a reasonably good idea... until you find the gold mine. Then you sell all of your belongings and continue digging {is mining a good term in this regard?}.

surely no one has cancelled "all eggs in one basket"
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
haha ya I think for many of us portfolio diversification went right out the window

Diversification  seems like a reasonably good idea... until you find the gold mine. Then you sell all of your belongings and continue digging {is mining a good term in this regard?}.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Question for the BitShares faithful: Is anyone still holding Bitcoin or other cryptos? Why? And if so, what percentage of your crypto assets are you holding outside of BitShares?

I hold bitBTC. Also have some coins that i believe will soon have a god rise (short term investment). The only other coin i hold for long apart from btsx is Devcoin

+5%

You know what, Devcoin is THE most undervalued coin out there. Its the original devcoin 2.0 and great to see someone else understands it. Its purpose is beyond credability. Right now im holding talks with the devcoin core team trying to convince them to create a DAC in the btsx system. But as im not a dev its hard to explain my idea to these guys )))
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Question for the BitShares faithful: Is anyone still holding Bitcoin or other cryptos? Why? And if so, what percentage of your crypto assets are you holding outside of BitShares?

I hold bitBTC. Also have some coins that i believe will soon have a god rise (short term investment). The only other coin i hold for long apart from btsx is Devcoin

+5%
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline gamey

• View Profile
NXT has went up and down from the start.  If you were able to ride those swings, I'm sure you would have 10 x by now or more. Actually I'm sure far more than that, but I want to guess conservatively.

So I decide to sell some BTSX because I'm bored and want to gamble.  Ok, got decent price.  Now waiting for people to sell before price rises. :(
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:44:44 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile

btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
maybe a better question for NXT forum  :D

so, we are all biased.

99% are in BTSX or bitUSD, so i am surely believe this is the right place to be. But i am pretty sure Betamax user feeled the same way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videotape_format_war

not everytime the best product will be adopted. so community spread the word.

Betamax is, in theory, a superior recording format over VHS due to resolution (250 lines vs. 240 lines), slightly superior sound, and a more stable image; Betamax recorders were also of higher quality construction. But these differences were negligible to consumers, and thus did not justify either the extra cost of a Betamax VCR (which was often significantly more expensive than a VHS equivalent) or Betamax's shorter recording time.

BTSX is not Betamax we are the best product right now, but we need more adoption quickly. In Software you should not wait to long. Competitors will get you, at this point in time you should have to many adaptors to sink you. Bitcoin is maybe not the best product right now, but without adoption we will not survive.

Offline crazybit

have sold all my btc to buy btsx :-)

Offline onceuponatime

I sold all my junk coins for AGS and PTS. Since BTSX has come out, I realize that I've done what was once unthinkable: sold out (almost entirely) of Bitcoin. I just have nickels and dimes remaining in my BTC wallets at this point. So I would say that 99% of my crypto 'portfolio' is now in BTSX, a little BitUSD, and other BitShares commitments. Am I wrong to believe in this so strongly? I don't think so. Every dime I keep in Bitcoin is one dime that won't double, triple, or tentuple nearly as fast as it should in BitShares. Yes, there are risks, but as long as you are in crypto, risks are par for the course. I'm not interested in balancing or diversifying anymore; this is not money I need to eat or pay the mortgage. The (very realistically possible) potential rewards here vastly exceed anything else.

I was "all in" in the Bitshares world from the very first articles and interviews I heard from the Larimers back on Let's Talk Bitcoin (I even moved all my PTS to AGS, along with ALL of my BTC). I did buy a lot of bitUSD and some bitBTC mainly to help get the ball rolling. But my main investment by far is btsx. I did recently move enough bitUSD to an exchange to trade for BTC because I need to go on a trip and I could pay for my plane tickets with BTC but not with bitUSD or bitBTC or even btsx.

The hell with diversification. I own no other investments in crypto or anything else (except for a little precious metals in case the internet goes down). I am riding the Bitshares rocket to the stars.