Author Topic: Price feeds for Gold, Siver, Euro, Pound, Oil, Litecoin, Peso, Franc, etc.  (Read 11442 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
hmm .. markets start with 500k BTSX on both sides .. not once 51 feeds are published ..
also the feeds take external sources .. not sure how you can manipulate a low-liquid market with this ..

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I don't think publishing feeds for shallow markets is a good idea.
If there is not enough (honest) market depth the market is easily manipulated.
Delegates aren't supposed to blindly publish feeds.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
IMHO publishing feeds is as crucial for delegates as keeping the software up-to-date. It's their job and they get paid for it!

Offline Markus

• View Profile
svk who runs this site (http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates) plans to add a column for feed performance of the delegates.
I assume that with this information readily available delegates not publishing enough feeds will be voted out quickly.

Offline davidpbrown

I might have another look at this later..

I'm wondering the benefit of being a standby delegate.. and the risk to markets of those being core support to these market feeds. Surely it's most important that the 101 and those bidding for a place in that small clique, do publish all feeds? I'm unclear why publishing feeds is not part of being a delegate. Expect I'm missing something.. the simpler it is the more likely it'll be taken up..
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Markus

• View Profile
A week has passed.
New shorting rules are active that will make small markets more stable.
Coinmarketcap has an Assets section that needs to be filled.

… how about you delegates give it a shot and add some more feeds. Only 17 missing for BitGLD.

Offline Markus

• View Profile

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline davidpbrown

I haven't time atm.. where is the ELI5 of publishing feeds?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Markus

• View Profile
We've got the first feeds for silver and all(!) other fiat currencies - great job.

Delegates, if you've already got feeds for gold and USD, it shouldn't be much trouble setting up the others.
If you're using alt's script please check in this thread how to: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7787.0;all
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:30:24 am by Markus »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
This is the purpose of the description field. It should be improved to 1 full sentence for all assets and be displayed more prominently.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline pendragon3

The price Gold and Silver are supposed to track is definitely one ounce of physical metal, not any ETF.

I would prefer calling them BitXAU and BitXAG anyway - that way there is no language bias applied.

Right, they shouldn't be named BitGLD and BitSLV. Those names would cause too much confusion among people familiar with the ETFs.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
The price Gold and Silver are supposed to track is definitely one ounce of physical metal, not any ETF.

I would prefer calling them BitXAU and BitXAG anyway - that way there is no language bias applied.