Author Topic: BitsharesX and Ethereum  (Read 1710 times)

Offline yellowecho

A bitUSD on the ethereum chain .. that would rock hard!

Wow yes  +5%

It would indeed rock hard as long as the transactions are fast, cheap, and secure but from what I've read the Ethereum community (as a whole) prefers PoW... meaning slower, more expensive, and more centralized.  I'm also pretty skeptical of the 'ASIC-resistant' algos.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Wow yes  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Hi,
I have one question:When Ethereum is released,what will be the consequences?
Will a new platform will be created on top of Ethereum that will be competitive to BitsharesX?
Or BitsharesX will also expand to Ethereum?
What do you think?
thanks

I would say when Ethereum is released Bitshares X will expand and integrate with Ethereum. It's also possible that the Ethereum community will integrate into Bitshares X.

It's important that both communities do not seek to reinvent the wheel and use each others blockchain technologies when it's sufficient to solve a problem. The benefit of open source software is you can use it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
What's the point in having one blockchain that everything plugs into when you can have millions of separate DPoS blockchains? What if a blockchain is more analogous to a website as opposed to the ONE Internet? The blockchain is something you "plug into" the Internet similar to how we plug websites into the Internet... Hope that kind of makes sense. I'd be curious to see what Bytemaster thinks of this.

Offline yellowecho

When Ethereum is released,what will be the consequences?
Will a new platform will be created on top of Ethereum that will be competitive to BitsharesX?
What do you think?

When is the key word here.  It's not likely to launched until at least 2015 giving BitsharesX several months to further development and capture market share.  To my knowledge Ethereum does not have any business plans so while it's very possible they could create a platform similar to BitsharesX there are no plans to do so yet.  In fact, I don't think Ethereum even has a currency lined up... just Ether which is a 'fuel', right?  Bytemaster has discussed developing BitsharesTuring in the distant future.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline scot

• View Profile
Hi,
I have one question:When Ethereum is released,what will be the consequences?
What do you think?
thanks
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:15:31 pm by scot »