Author Topic: Affiliated Non-DAC Businesses Honoring Social Consensus?  (Read 922 times)

Offline fuzzy

I am interested in Sharedropping as a means of creating incentives for people from different ecosystems to collaborate.  This is especially true with complimentary technologies that are not in competition with each other (for instance bitsharesx sharedrop on Ripple and Stellar holders in return for X gateways opened in X locations around the world). 

As far as shares in 3rd party, non-DACs, though...I do not see any reason for them to do so.  The only real reason to do so is if they use the bitshares toolkit.  Of course, I am also an advocate of sharedropping on multiple altcoins with solid devs/communities.  So in that case, PTS/AGS might be considered more often than other altcoins but coins like Peercoin, Litecoin...etc are sharedropped often as well.  I see Sharedropping as one of the most powerful tools BitShares has that literally noone else has. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
A BitUSD on-ramp exchange. A cafeteria in the BitShares headquarters building (what? it's decentralized? no company cafeteria?). A marketing affiliate. An accounting firm with a specialty in cryptocurrencies. These may not be the best examples, but you get the point that they all have something in common: they could be independent businesses, and yet affiliated with BitShares or its community.

I know the BitShares team is working hard on many projects and these may well fit under the common umbrella. That's awesome. As this ecosystem grows, however, I am pretty sure that some side businesses will spring up. These may fill some niche that's too small for BitShares to involve itself in or they may simply be offering some non-DAC service to this community.

Here's a question and a suggestion. Even if these are non-DAC businesses, would it be possible for them to honor the Social Consensus, making a 20% PTS/AGS allocation? Basically, if someone came up with an easy way for them to do so (site or software program), could they make distributions available to those with keys to these PTS/AGS donor addresses? And I don't mean to water down the Social Consensus idea; maybe this application of it could have a different title.

IF this is possible, and if there ends up being a need for affiliated businesses, then I think this would be a natural way for the community to get behind a business/product (essentially, becoming a partner in it).

And I can't end this post without mentioning licensing opportunities. "Official Sports Drink of the NFL", "Official LASIK Eye Surgeon of Manchester United", etc. We need to keep our collective morals, which in the end are much more important than the bottom line. But a share-drop to this community could really be worth something as it grows. "Official provider of accounting services to the BitShares community". In turn, it could add some additional value to the Social Consensus, at least for those who haven't already moved to Tahiti by that point.

Understandably, no one wants to get into actual contracts for the Social Consensus. Perhaps there could be some insulating layer there. Even better, it could be entirely voluntary/non-binding, and "at will" (feel free to back out anytime, and see what the community thinks of you when you do).

Interested in others' thoughts on this.