Author Topic: _  (Read 4644 times)

Offline fuzzy

Thanks for your hard work.  Bitshares needs more websites.

I do think it is likely hard to monetize things like that to the point you actually find it worth your time.  If you keep expecting to make some significant money then you will likely be let down.  Blogs seem to pay off in the long run when you establish yourself as an expert in some area.  Possibly your blog blows up and you can get make $$$ off ads when BTSX beats out BTC.

Maybe post your donation address in this thread and maybe you could get some more $ ?  (but never... ever.. expect much.. because that leads to being letdown...)

not sure why we dont have more crypto journalists coming to the hangouts to ask questions.  I mean it is pretty much free content and when devs tip us for settting up these shindigs, we in turn will tip the journalists/crytpoenthusiasts in attendance.  Id also have no concerns with putting up a link to your blog in the server.  We need to all work toward mutual benefit for these things imo...so you have my offer to help where I can.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Thanks for your hard work.  Bitshares needs more websites.

I do think it is likely hard to monetize things like that to the point you actually find it worth your time.  If you keep expecting to make some significant money then you will likely be let down.  Blogs seem to pay off in the long run when you establish yourself as an expert in some area.  Possibly your blog blows up and you can get make $$$ off ads when BTSX beats out BTC.

Maybe post your donation address in this thread and maybe you could get some more $ ?  (but never... ever.. expect much.. because that leads to being letdown...)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Have a look at my brand new Blog http://kettenblog.wordpress.com, just 3 days old.
I followed bitshares most passively since last year but with the release of BTSX i decided to support the DAC ecosystem more actively.
And since there is very less information about DACs and BitShares in german language on the web i decided to fill a bit this market niche.
There are over 125.000.000 million native german speaker out there and i hope to get some off them interested in the DAC ecosys.

There are only a few blog articles online yet, but while i`m writing this post the next article is already in work.

Oh and i set up an twitter account but its primarily to make the blog public.

If you want to honor my work, just follow me on https://twitter.com/KettenBlog and like my blog to create some buzz to the german community.

Regards
Vato

http://kettenblog.wordpress.com is now online since 53 days and the feedback is very positive so far.

This is my first blog but I knew before that it would be hard to keep me motivated over time without some kind of income from it wich is worth the mention.
I don't own a large or medium stake in any crypto so my interest in pushing them is somewhat limited to I would say "just for fun".
I have received about 100$ in donations since my Blog is online wich is about 10$ per article what is more or less depending on where you live in the world.

You know I'm only asking for your cryptos now, so what would you do if you would be in my shoes?
How would you motivate yourself from week to week to do what I do?
Or do you even think it is not worth spending the time? (more than 400hours since the beginning)

Micropayments denominated in BitUSD.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Just keep on doing what you do, publish as many (original) articles as you can. Of course you won't see results day to day after you publish something but in time you'll notice your visitor stream will keep in increasing steadily. Then once they on your site you have to try to 'catch' them with something like for example what Shentist said a mailing list. With that you have a 'client' and you can be creative on what to do with that.  [edit]You might want to consider running it from a dedicated domain as well if you get a little more popular. As long as you enjoy publishing it will be ok, if you're in it for the money alone I would recommend some other web activities.[/edit].
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:11:17 pm by GodsCreation »
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
change to englisch - i know it is hard!

so far . you are the only one who are doing stuff for promotion delegates. what i would do is

- in the future there are a lot of delegates in different chains

- many need exposure
- people needs informationen
- you can capitalize on this in the future (maybe)

- build a mailinglist
- build a reputation
- build a delegatelist
- as more people will vote with your list you can make money from this

MinerVato

_
_
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:36:43 pm by Vato_ »