Author Topic: _  (Read 4606 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Vato, (if I may call you that?)

What are you going to do with your delegate listing ?   How was it generated ?  If you don't keep it up, do you think you could open source the code you used to generate it ?

I've been wanting to see a centralized list of delegates.  Some with info you can pull from the blockchain but tied in with other social based metrics.  I'd hate to see your work wasted.  svk did some similar work too.

This would be indeed great, if you could publish source code!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Vato, (if I may call you that?)

What are you going to do with your delegate listing ?   How was it generated ?  If you don't keep it up, do you think you could open source the code you used to generate it ?

I've been wanting to see a centralized list of delegates.  Some with info you can pull from the blockchain but tied in with other social based metrics.  I'd hate to see your work wasted.  svk did some similar work too.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:21:58 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Right back from the island I made a decision.
Could make it long but I don't wanna steal your time as my intentions are already well known.
I decided to freeze all my activities for BitShares including Blog, GoogleAds, Twitter and DAC promotions etc.

Keep going with your good work and stay motivated!
Cheers

Vato
That is very unfortunate .. we all enjoyed reading your work..

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
There are many things that do not give return to the individual but would give returns to BitShares as a whole. I3 has had some difficulty understanding these things, perhaps they don't like the idea that they currently have to resolve all tragedies of the commons until the delegates get enough pay.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
For some reason the whole crypto space is sorely lacking affiliate programs.

This will change in time.

I am running a bitcoin promotion in november with over $20,000 in prizes.  I hope to give away $50k in commissions too.   It will all be in English though.

In the follow ups everyone will be introduced to bitshares as well.

If you are interested check it out here.
http://affiliate.successcouncil.com/signup/signup.php

Same goes for everyone else.   :)

I've been thinking the same thing for months! If there was some sort of affiliate incentive to promote crypto, it would be everywhere. Maybe if there was some sort of referral program for people who download the exchange/wallet... The program would pay commissions in BTSX or BitAssets and only to referrals who put XYZ amount of BTSX in their wallet.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
You can always slow down on the work significantly without abandoning it.  I definitely wouldn't trash it though.  Just maybe update it when a DAC comes out ?  It'd be nice if you grabbed a nice domain, age it, update once every couple weeks or something.  You might have a decent google search ranking ?

It is a shame you didn't feel appreciated.  It can be like that.  Dunno...

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
My initial hope was I3 would recognize my work and I could grab some kind of sponsorship from their promotion funds.
But on some point I notized that they are not willing to recognize me and I would never gain any financial support from them.
Don't know if my style is incompatible or my quality of work is just too bad but I can't remember they ever replied or commented to my work.
However I than tried to gather donations from the community on many ways what ended in the expectable low result.
I am not sure what has to happen for I3 to open the pot .. never actually heard or read about a promotion fund  :-\

I also don't receive any financial support .. here and there some little PTS or bitUSD from single individuals .. but I also never asked for any funds .. so thats ok for me .. I think it is pretty difficult to base a business on 'donations' .. not only because this community is still small compared to let's say bigger open source projects

Maybe I had become a little obsessed by BitShares and the big idea behind it, but as earlier said I'm not a large stakeholder nor I'm willing to buy a larger stake in BitShares.
I feel a little addicted to the forum but also am not a big stakeholder. Still I'd like to learn that stuff and find acknowledgment through wisdom (that sounds weird) :-)

We all have/had our motivation to participate in BitShares and mine was never to do it for free.
Oh .. that was communicated badly I must confess.

Now I could start to intensify my work and do many things more to buildup my reputation but I never realy planned to do this stuff full time.
It just happend that I currently have a lot of free time .. gonna change soon enough .. Until then I will try to help out the community ..

Citation from http://bitshares.org/faq
Why would a DAC developer honor PTS/AGS holders with additional shares?
By giving part of their new DAC to holders of PTS and AGS holders, the developer immediately puts their DAC in the hands of a motivated community that believes in the concepts of DACs and now has a financial incentive to see that they increase in value as well as profitability.
This requires at first that the community owns a motivating stake in PTS/AGS wich it is not in my case, my bad.
That doesn't imply you cannot be part of the community  :-\

But hey I learned a lot :P (It is I not i and ' not ` in english)
That is exactly what motivates me .. it's not giving support (that sucks from time to time) .. what is fascinating is to learn how that stuff works .. And as I already know a little about it .. and have some spare time (currently) I can make use of my knowledge and do some support ..

However, I feel sorry you did not find enough motivating acknowledgment and positive feedback to continue your work ..
but I can understand your reasonings ...

I hope you will yet stick around ..

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
For some reason the whole crypto space is sorely lacking affiliate programs.

This will change in time.

I am running a bitcoin promotion in november with over $20,000 in prizes.  I hope to give away $50k in commissions too.   It will all be in English though.

In the follow ups everyone will be introduced to bitshares as well.

If you are interested check it out here.
http://affiliate.successcouncil.com/signup/signup.php

Same goes for everyone else.   :)
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Could make it long but I don't wanna steal your time as my intentions are already well known.
I decided to freeze all my activities for BitShares including Blog, GoogleAds, Twitter and DAC promotions etc.

Cheers

Vato
That is very unfortunate .. we all enjoyed reading your work..

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Thanks for your hard work.  Bitshares needs more websites.

I do think it is likely hard to monetize things like that to the point you actually find it worth your time.  If you keep expecting to make some significant money then you will likely be let down.  Blogs seem to pay off in the long run when you establish yourself as an expert in some area.  Possibly your blog blows up and you can get make $$$ off ads when BTSX beats out BTC.

Maybe post your donation address in this thread and maybe you could get some more $ ?  (but never... ever.. expect much.. because that leads to being letdown...)

not sure why we dont have more crypto journalists coming to the hangouts to ask questions.  I mean it is pretty much free content and when devs tip us for settting up these shindigs, we in turn will tip the journalists/crytpoenthusiasts in attendance.  Id also have no concerns with putting up a link to your blog in the server.  We need to all work toward mutual benefit for these things imo...so you have my offer to help where I can.

Linking each others site will benefit both of your sites, imho. Additionally I do think both of you are doing  the good work and mostly for free, as of now. Keep it up and good luck.

That is one of the things i've been hinting at.  We have MANY people doing good work for free...all scattered about.  For the first few pushes, we need to have a team that can go into formation and punch ahead. 

I am all in the spirit of decentralization, but there are so many dang synergistic relationships possible here.  We might as well do it.  Well...as a matter of fact, Beyondbitcoinx.net already has DACZine and NullStreet up there.  For Free I might add.  This is about how we can all work together...use all our talents to at the very least build a solid foundation for bitshares to push past 1 Billion.   

As a unified force, we can do that.  What's even better?  We can help eachother with SEO's and web-presence to bring in NEW members.

I think these businesses just need to find profitability and then people will stick around.

Offline fuzzy

I do think it is likely hard to monetize things like that to the point you actually find it worth your time.  If you keep expecting to make some significant money then you will likely be let down.  Blogs seem to pay off in the long run when you establish yourself as an expert in some area.  Possibly your blog blows up and you can get make $$$ off ads when BTSX beats out BTC.

Maybe post your donation address in this thread and maybe you could get some more $ ?  (but never... ever.. expect much.. because that leads to being letdown...)

not sure why we dont have more crypto journalists coming to the hangouts to ask questions.  I mean it is pretty much free content and when devs tip us for settting up these shindigs, we in turn will tip the journalists/crytpoenthusiasts in attendance.  Id also have no concerns with putting up a link to your blog in the server.  We need to all work toward mutual benefit for these things imo...so you have my offer to help where I can.

Linking each others site will benefit both of your sites, imho. Additionally I do think both of you are doing  the good work and mostly for free, as of now. Keep it up and good luck.

That is one of the things i've been hinting at.  We have MANY people doing good work for free...all scattered about.  For the first few pushes, we need to have a team that can go into formation and punch ahead. 

I am all in the spirit of decentralization, but there are so many dang synergistic relationships possible here and it is too small to be effectively decentralized--yet.  We might as all form like Voltron.  As a matter of fact, Beyondbitcoinx.net already has DACZine and NullStreet up there--talk to Jabba so you can get registered!  For Free I might add.  This is about how we can all work together...use all our talents to at the very least build a solid foundation for bitshares to push past 1 Billion.  If we work together early on and build this foundation, we will all be able to ethically do what we love.

As a unified force... This isn't even mentioning helping eachother with SEO's and web-presence to bring in NEW members to the bitshares ecosystem.

*BTW...I will put any Cryptojournalist's Delegate on the Mumble Slate free of charge*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:06:12 pm by theFuzz »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Cheers

Vato

You just need to find the way to profitability Vato...trial and error.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Cheers

Vato

may i can ask why you'll leave us?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Well I believe in BitShares no matter what or if I contribute to it.

I can understand that small stakeholders are not willing to donate for my work.
Even I wouldn't donate for myself with the tiny stake I hold.

I know I could gain more income by changing my articles to english, putting up mailing lists and provide more services to my readers.
But you are right to recall it to my mind, I will consider all of those actions.

But with every donation I do "not" get I am feeling more and more I'm only doing the dirt work for the big stakeholders wich are likely happy about every moron that's doing this job for free. Not?
I'am thinking the BitShares ecosystem is a "littlebit" my virtual company even nobody asked me to work for it. :)

And even if I would post my donations adress in here and I would receive some bucks wich would be nice anyway...
It wouldn't be what I would like to repeat every month. I really don't like to beg for money.
I think I have a good sense of justice and I would never ask my boss for extra money when I only did my day to day job.

Thx for your feedback and also thx for your good and mostly free work on your own projects.
And thanks for your support and all your handy hints.

Vato

PS: My real life company has invited me to ibiza the upcoming weekend to gain new motivation. :)
Hopefully i can refuel enough of my overall motivation to participate intense on the delegates election week.

Register a domain name and get like cheap hosting that will probably build up your brand.

In terms of layout think usability.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.