Author Topic: A suggesting for transaction history  (Read 1248 times)

Offline fumanchu808

• View Profile
Glad to hear your working on it. I'm enjoying using the platform a great deal. So much so that I think I'm going to do a weekly column focusing just on the Bitshares platform but there are also a lot of places it can be improved dramatically.

If your team can make it so that the average joe can look at the system and get a feel for what's going on, you will have a trillion dollar platform on your hands.

Offline bytemaster

It is a complex subject area that we are working to revamp.  I too noticed this issue for people that use the market in the opposite orientation from the internal market.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline fumanchu808

• View Profile
It would make a lot more sense to me if transaction history showed the price you bought or sold BitUSD/BTSX for by using the same inputs you used when you initiated the trade. Currently, it expresses the values backwards so if I sell BitUSD at X amount of BTSX per unit it will read something like "pay bid @ 0.04 USD / BTSX" in the transaction history.

That's all well and good except if I don't write down the sales price it's very tricky to figure out what I actually sold it for. The transaction history should have at least one line that matches my inputs and the information it's currently showing should be something like "details" I can see if I open up that transaction, is what I'm asserting.

edit: this would also have the added effect of cleaning up what the transaction history looks like. So instead of showing all the bits and pieces of a transaction separately you have a single, time stamped, line item which clearly matches the info I inputted to make the sale. The details of which should only be seen if I expand that transaction. I think you'll find users will have a much more pleasant experience if you do this.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:04:21 pm by fumanchu808 »