Author Topic: Strange missed blocks  (Read 2698 times)

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hmm OK I'll try that out, thanks.
Setting desired connection count to 100 is not a good idea. It just puts more strain on your client to service all those connections. I'd personally recommend sticking to 20 or even less (for example, 8 is just fine).
Ok that makes sense, just checked and I have 19 now, usually have between 15 and 20 usually I think.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Setting desired connection count to 100 is not a good idea. It just puts more strain on your client to service all those connections. I'd personally recommend sticking to 20 or even less (for example, 8 is just fine).
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline amencon

• View Profile

Offline king

• View Profile
try run:
network_set_advanced_node_parameters {"desired_number_of_connections":100, "maximum_number_of_connections":200}
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Odd I just missed 2 blocks in a row apparently, but I've been sitting here watching my client so it wasn't due to lost connection.  I've restarted the client and I assume that will fix it but still very strange.

I did leave the client running for a couple days and I know the recommendation was a restart once a day, maybe that has something to do with it?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:24:51 am by amencon »

Offline king

• View Profile
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
your node can function perfectly and the guy after you can skip you for many reasons including their own connectivity issues, clock issues, etc.

You should not view missed blocks as the fault of the delegate unless they have a streak of missed blocks in a row.

Immortal.bitdelegate has 3 missed blocks in a row. Furthermore List_forks shows nothing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:51:07 pm by emski »

Offline bytemaster

your node can function perfectly and the guy after you can skip you for many reasons including their own connectivity issues, clock issues, etc.

You should not view missed blocks as the fault of the delegate unless they have a streak of missed blocks in a row.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I have noticed I have missed blocks for some of the delegates.
There were no network interruptions. I had no ping loses to at least 30 different ip addresses (this is a service running constantly) and this list includes seed nodes and other delegates.
Delegate was connected to the seed node at all times.
Delegate's connections were above 20 at all times.
There were no HDD or CPU spikes that would prevent.
What might have caused missed blocks?
Anyone else experiencing the same?

Furthermore I've noticed some delegates consistently producing blocks with negative latency. Are they manipulating the client in some way? What could've caused this ?

UPDATE: My clock is synchronized but the cliend shows NULL on the time diff. Is this expected?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:46:58 pm by emski »