We are preparing to add some new features to help reduce fraud / errors from accounts that look like bter.
1) You can now "burn" shares for or against an account while posting an optionally signed message on the "wall" of the account.
2) You can now link two accounts with arbitrary meta data, ie: the account "bytemaster" can link to "bter-com" and define various properties such as trust-level.
So now users have a way of flagging accounts for both good/bad behavior, leaving anonymous or signed messages on accounts, and build an arbitrary web-of-trust among the accounts.
These features also provide the basis of future features including:
1) Allowing Overstock to issue shares
2) Paying dividends on User Issued Assets
3) Identity authorities for voting
The purpose of this thread is to discuss these features and their implications.
This could be a critical component of the delegate selection mechanism, both for individual delegates and slates.
Also escrow and commerce per Xeroc.
Is there any way to integrate this into the avatars? To be simplistic, BM gets five gold stars, throwaway123 gets none...
Using a combination of standardized colours/shapes to signify various level of trust/reputation.
Perhaps using the Bitshares logo; accounts with no rep have an empty logo, logo slowly fills in section by section as the account builds more trust/rep.
BM gets a full logo, I get one wedge, etc.
Getting one's 'diamond' (very top of the logo) could be a significant event.
Yes, holy shit. The I3 team continues to knock it out of the park. First yield, now rep.
Off to buy more BTSX...