Author Topic: Web of Trust + Account Feedback  (Read 10278 times)

Offline Riverhead

Great, this opens lots of possibilities including "lending", I look forward to the lightweight client I assume this will be for mobiles.

More like Electrum is my guess. Block chain hosted remotely and referenced by the client. Since the keys are already deterministic and we have chain servers already this makes sense.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
We are preparing to add some new features to help reduce fraud / errors from accounts that look like bter. 

1) You can now "burn" shares for or against an account while posting an optionally signed message on the "wall" of the account. 
2) You can now link two accounts with arbitrary meta data, ie:  the account "bytemaster" can link to "bter-com" and define various properties such as trust-level.

So now users have a way of flagging accounts for both good/bad behavior, leaving anonymous or signed messages on accounts, and build an arbitrary web-of-trust among the accounts.

These features also provide the basis of future features including:
1) Allowing Overstock to issue shares
2) Paying dividends on User Issued Assets
3) Identity authorities for voting

The purpose of this thread is to discuss these features and their implications.

Nice THE Bytemaster  +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
and suddenly .. an account name becomes valuable and we are all thankful they are non-transferable .. aren't we?

Offline logxing

Cool, account relation like social networks. It can be used in vote, gateway, etc.
This make accounts alive, more humanity.
BTS Account:logxing

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
We are preparing to add some new features to help reduce fraud / errors from accounts that look like bter. 

1) You can now "burn" shares for or against an account while posting an optionally signed message on the "wall" of the account. 
2) You can now link two accounts with arbitrary meta data, ie:  the account "bytemaster" can link to "bter-com" and define various properties such as trust-level.

So now users have a way of flagging accounts for both good/bad behavior, leaving anonymous or signed messages on accounts, and build an arbitrary web-of-trust among the accounts.

This could be a critical component of the delegate selection mechanism, both for individual delegates and slates.

Also escrow and commerce per Xeroc.

Is there any way to integrate this into the avatars? To be simplistic, BM gets five gold stars, throwaway123 gets none...

Using a combination of standardized colours/shapes to signify various level of trust/reputation.

Perhaps using the Bitshares logo; accounts with no rep have an empty logo, logo slowly fills in section by section as the account builds more trust/rep.

BM gets a full logo, I get one wedge, etc.

Getting one's 'diamond' (very top of the logo) could be a significant event.

Yes, holy shit. The I3 team continues to knock it out of the park. First yield, now rep.  +5%

Off to buy more BTSX...

+5%
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline cgafeng

Maybe these are useful features, i not sure.
I look forward to the cross-chain exchange and how bitusd can use in other DAC.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:57:02 pm by cgafeng »
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline betax

• View Profile
Great, this opens lots of possibilities including "lending", I look forward to the lightweight client I assume this will be for mobiles.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline oldman

• View Profile

This could be a critical component of the delegate selection mechanism, both for individual delegates and slates.

Also escrow and commerce per Xeroc.

Is there any way to integrate this into the avatars? To be simplistic, BM gets five gold stars, throwaway123 gets none...

Using a combination of standardized colours/shapes to signify various level of trust/reputation.

Perhaps using the Bitshares logo; accounts with no rep have an empty logo, logo slowly fills in section by section as the account builds more trust/rep.

BM gets a full logo, I get one wedge, etc.

Getting one's 'diamond' (very top of the logo) could be a significant event.

Yes, holy shit. The I3 team continues to knock it out of the park. First yield, now rep.  +5%

Off to buy more BTSX...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:46:39 pm by OldMan »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Like Xeroc my first thoughts were 'facebook' of sorts, 'google' and their search (I guess everyone here has read their patents, if I have).

Not my expertise fields but sounds very interesting...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bytemaster

Part of keyhotee's functions are integrated here.
However it looks like an useful feature if used properly.
I hope there will be enough restrictions (or price) on doing something like this so that the blockchain doesn't grow exponentially.

Generally I like it and I think it should be useful.

There is the obvious basic transaction fee and transaction size limits.   A light-weight client is under development that will make the blockchain size less relevant to the average user.  The question is which costs the network more a "wire transfer" or a "burn op"?    Right now we have a one-size-fits-all transaction fee... if transaction volume increases too much the delegates can raise this fee.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Part of keyhotee's functions are integrated here.
However it looks like an useful feature if used properly.
I hope there will be enough restrictions (or price) on doing something like this so that the blockchain doesn't grow exponentially.

Generally I like it and I think it should be useful.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Holy sh*** .. that is going to be like faceb** pin board .. holy moly

Once I can sell stuff over the blockchain this is like ebay ..

I am sooooo excited about this feature ... didn't even see it coming :-)
+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

So this is now an inofficial announcment of a cooperation with overstook?
I guess you meant to say "arbitrary company" instead :-P
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:16:37 pm by xeroc »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.