Author Topic: Is it possible to buy BTSX with...  (Read 2831 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Last BTC purchase I did was using localbitcoins (very recently), much easier than getting verified through an exchange and it went very smoothly. Had my BTCs in a matter of hours, but be careful and do your own research about the person you're dealing with. There's an interesting rating feature, so you can see how many succesful deals the guy did and if there were any unsatisfied client.

That's not an investment advice, simply another possibility for you to look at. You have to make your own research, evaluate the risks/benefits and make your own decision.

Besides localbitcoins I've also been looking into cashtocrypto. Unfortunately I there's nobody within 2 hours of me that can handle the volume I need. Most of those listed are under $1000.

Cashtocrypto offers a snail mail option. Not as fast as other choices but it might do. Seems like every option will involve snail mail or other physical delivery mechanism, if I wish to have any privacy in the transaction or keep it out of the purview of the banking empire.

The channel to buy btsx is via BTC.  Getting a BTC is through an exchange which requires KYC ie through a bank account.  If you like to avoid that, you can consider renting a mining rig and mine some POW coins.  Some of these guys allows you to pay via Paypal or credit card.  You may give it a try.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Thom

Last BTC purchase I did was using localbitcoins (very recently), much easier than getting verified through an exchange and it went very smoothly. Had my BTCs in a matter of hours, but be careful and do your own research about the person you're dealing with. There's an interesting rating feature, so you can see how many succesful deals the guy did and if there were any unsatisfied client.

That's not an investment advice, simply another possibility for you to look at. You have to make your own research, evaluate the risks/benefits and make your own decision.

Besides localbitcoins I've also been looking into cashtocrypto. Unfortunately I there's nobody within 2 hours of me that can handle the volume I need. Most of those listed are under $1000.

Cashtocrypto offers a snail mail option. Not as fast as other choices but it might do. Seems like every option will involve snail mail or other physical delivery mechanism, if I wish to have any privacy in the transaction or keep it out of the purview of the banking empire.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Another option presented itself. If a friend wanted to buy my coins and use his CC to buy BTC or BTSX, how would that be done? Basically how would you go about buying BTSX with a visa, amex etc?

BTW, I find it difficult to obtain this type of info from the exchange websites, looking at bter.com right now.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Another option presented itself. If a friend wanted to buy my coins and use his CC to buy BTC or BTSX, how would that be done? Basically how would you go about buying BTSX with a visa, amex etc?

BTW, I find it difficult to obtain this type of info from the exchange websites, looking at bter.com right now.
easiest way would be to buy btc with CC then have him transfer the btc to you, you give coins to him. Lastly you transfer btc to the exchange and well you know what to do from their.

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline onceuponatime

Fantastic! I will get ready to do this. I will setup an account on one of those exchanges and arrange to meet a local seller to get the BTC.

Appreciate your help with my nube issues here. Hopefully soon I'll truly and literally be invested!

And where might I find those instructions onceuponatime?

I can't help you with buying bitcoin. That is for you to research yourself. It is probably quite different depending upon your location. Perhaps see if there is a bitcoin ATM anywhere near you, if there is a bitcoin meetup in your state, or maybe give this site a perusal:

http://mycelium.com/

Offline Thom

Fantastic! I will get ready to do this. I will setup an account on one of those exchanges and arrange to meet a local seller to get the BTC.

Appreciate your help with my nube issues here. Hopefully soon I'll truly and literally be invested!

And where might I find those instructions onceuponatime?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:31:14 pm by Thom »

Offline onceuponatime

You do not need a bank account, and can open an anonymous account at bter.com  in which to deposit BTC and use that to purchase btsx. You can then withdraw the btsx to your local wallet anonymously. I have deposited and withdrawn several times from bter.com. So have many members of this forum.

Follow all instructuions carefully (especially what to put in MEMO field) when depositing.

There is a log in id AND a withdrawal id. Write them both down.

I believe that another exchange you mcan use is btc38.com, and they even have a facucet there to receive funds for registering the account on your local wallet. But I have not used this exchange myself, so am speakling from hearsay.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If you have BTC you can use an exchange like bter.com or btc38.com easily and for free
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Thom

I am trying to find a way to buy BTSX and it is proving to be difficult for me.

I have tried to find a seller of BTSX in exchange for physical gold, no takers. Scratch that option.

If I had other assets to trade such as BTC or cash, would I need an exchange?

Can I get an account on an exchange without a bank account?

I have a BTC-e account but haven't used it yet, plus BTC-e doesn't do BTSX so it's worthless for this effort anyway.

Is it possible to get an account on an exchange anonymously? (it appears I can on BTC-e, but since I haven't made a deposit or sent funds to my BTC address there I still don't know. I might run into an issue upon withdrawal or transfer to another address.

I could buy BTC from somebody locally (relatively local) with cash, and it could be sent to my BTC wallet (for example Electrum), but then what?

I think this is going to be very difficult to pull off without an "insider" willing to help, such as someone I could send BTC to who would redeem them for BTSX and then send the BTSX to my registered name for me to pick up in my personal BitShares wallet.

I may chew up quite a bit in overhead / fees, but at this point I'm just looking for a pathway to accomplish the task.