Author Topic: Marketing Proposal - Our Unfair Advantage  (Read 9492 times)

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
I don't see any need for apology.  You have good and relevant suggestions and I think they should certainly be considered.  I wouldn't have a problem donating BTSX for further marketing efforts when the time comes.. I just don't think that time has come quite yet.  IMO the product needs to at least reach the  beta stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I agree, but should be ready for "fire at will" order.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
"We are all marketers now."

Let a thousand fiendishly clever evangelists bloom.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline yellowecho

I don't see any need for apology.  You have good and relevant suggestions and I think they should certainly be considered.  I wouldn't have a problem donating BTSX for further marketing efforts when the time comes.. I just don't think that time has come quite yet.  IMO the product needs to at least reach the  beta stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Dear Brian and the Marketing Team

Please accept my sincerely apologies to you and to your team. I didn’t meant to underestimate your efforts in any way. I know you guys are working hard and have best intentions.

My intentions was to explore new possibilities and discuss how we as community could help.
Among others I have suggested establishing marketing fund created by donations from the profits made on BTSX so far.

The thing with Jay was my opinion what should be done about it. Let me explain.
Working on something on daily bases struggling with the problems and managing things often produces inability to see and check broader picture. That broader picture is the difference between what you are doing and what could be done. Besides most of the time you have to be executive and plan and act accordingly.

Now if someone could provide you with assistance with clearing up wider aspects of your work, like Jay for example would it be of some help?
Another aspect of his involving is suggested purely for a marketing reasons and you could understand that better than anyone else.

Once again please accept my sincerely apologies,
Keep up with good work,

Best Regards
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:35:55 pm by Geneko »

Offline yellowecho

I disagree with that: "A crypto marketing genius would likely come from within the bitcoin/crypto community"

The problems meant to be solved by Bitshares are universal. The business, investor community knows that fact better then anyone else. Besides the one who positions itself to be first to provide solutions and explain benefits from the new technology to those who needs it, would set up benchmark for others that would come. In future they would compare it self to Bitshares in order to gain popularity.
So I think we dont even need Bitcoin and other crypto community stuff.

So basically I have suggested to change the rules of the game - if you can recall of Jays technics.

I agree- I think having a marketing team from outside the bitcoin/crypto community would be a net positive.  IMO Brian shines because he never gets too technical, nerdy, or niche and instead focuses on pitching a product you didn't know you needed.  Whether it's Brian Page, Jay Abraham, Kevin Harrington, or Mickey Mouse, whoever it is will need to get new customers from outside the crypto world for Bitshares (and the industry as a whole) to grow.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I'm a huge Jay Abraham fan but I don't think he'd do us justice. To market anything effectively, you need an intimate understanding of audience. A crypto marketing genius would likely come from within the bitcoin/crypto community. I agree BitShares X deserves a marketing genius to match it's development genius though!

I disagree with that: "A crypto marketing genius would likely come from within the bitcoin/crypto community"

The problems meant to be solved by Bitshares are universal. The business, investor community knows that fact better then anyone else. Besides the one who positions itself to be first to provide solutions and explain benefits from the new technology to those who needs it, would set up benchmark for others that would come. In future they would compare it self to Bitshares in order to gain popularity.

So basically I have suggested to change the rules of the game - if you can recall of Jays technics.

I agree with the broader target audience approach 100%.
To your other question regarding the marketing fund in general - sure why not. If we can do something else/in addition to Brian and it does not cost them money, and all funds are donated, everybody should be fine with this. The question remains - what is this  extra marketing, exactly.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
I'm a huge Jay Abraham fan but I don't think he'd do us justice. To market anything effectively, you need an intimate understanding of audience. A crypto marketing genius would likely come from within the bitcoin/crypto community. I agree BitShares X deserves a marketing genius to match it's development genius though!

Offline yellowecho

I agree that there could be a little bit more transparency, it has been asked numerous of times. But whenever I see or hear Brian talking I really get excited and he's not covering himself with technical jargon , just simple and easy to understand for everyone. Maybe in 10 years from now people would be talking about him with the same respect as Mr. Abraham mentioned earlier in this post. I think he deserves it. But again a weekly or bi-weekly report would be nice, i would be happy to send it out via DACZine.

+5% 
I think Brian does an excellent job.  I have a feeling he (and his team) are intentionally holding back a lot of plans so not to give too much away to our competitors in terms of future marketing strategies.

Offline yellowecho

From what I've read it sounds like Brian and team are ready to go but are waiting for client upgrades (including a gateway).  If we could get an update from Cass and others doing UI on the new client it might help ease people's minds.

I'm as excited as the next guy about heavily marketing BitsharesX but we need to be sure the product is ready prior to the next big push.  First impressions are everything, especially for non-tech folks, so the software needs to be right first.

Offline GaltReport

I agree that there could be a little bit more transparency, it has been asked numerous of times. But whenever I see or hear Brian talking I really get excited and he's not covering himself with technical jargon , just simple and easy to understand for everyone. Maybe in 10 years from now people would be talking about him with the same respect as Mr. Abraham mentioned earlier in this post. I think he deserves it. But again a weekly or bi-weekly report would be nice, i would be happy to send it out via DACZine.

+5%

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
@Geneko

Slept over your proposal. Here is counter offer:

This guys prides himself as not only great marketer buy a great business mind. Shoot him an email explaining what BTSX is. If he is that great of a mind he will see the great potential and the only thing needed is his magic touch. He will buy (as in actually purchase BTSX) and the increased value of which will be his biggest financial reward. Do you see anything illogical in my suggestion.

That thought crossed my mind.
How about organizing mutual marketing fund. You didn't comment that?

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
@Geneko - please spell guy next itme  ;) Not that i have a problem with that but .... oh well

Sorry, as matter of fact he is too old don't you think ;)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Brian recently spent an hour on Beyond Bitcoin outlining the Western marketing plan in great detail.  I think it was this one:

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/brian-page-8-27-2014

DAC Sun Limited recently started a thread to discuss the Eastern view of a global marketing plan here:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8239.msg108140#msg108140

This thread shows a robust public discussion of our diverse views about how marketing resources should be spent:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8639.msg112269#msg112269
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:27:17 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.