Author Topic: 100,000,000,000,000. FREE  (Read 10519 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Give them a utility.
Such as? .. the description says "free as in beer" .. on purpose

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I have 100 billion STARs available! :) Who wants some? They are free for the asking.

Here is an idea:

Create a list with all known stars.
Set a few blank fields next to each star. Fields should be "Owner Name" and "LastTransactionID".
Allow anyone to claim a star from the list by updating the "Owner Name" field.
Then send him 1 STAR and update the LastTransactionID for that star.
As a result you'll have a list of stars, their owners, and a transaction linking everything to the blockchain.

There could be issues if one address holds more than 1 STAR as they would merge. Perhaps you could add memo when sending stars, stating which star you've sent. Tracking this might be a nightmare but seems possible (unless someone deliberately merges a lot of stars and splits them again without proper memos).
You could even create a script that parses the blockchain and updates the site with actual information. And if someone merges a few stars -> he gets a blackhole, effectively losing them.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Hey friends,

As some of you might have noticed already, I have a user-issued asset on the BitShares-X market called FREE:

Code: [Select]
default (unlocked) >>> blockchain_get_asset FREE
{
  "id": 27,
  "symbol": "FREE",
  "name": "Free",
  "description": "Free as in beer",
  "public_data": {},
  "issuer_account_id": 284,
  "precision": 1,
  "registration_date": "20140719T200230",
  "last_update": "19700101T000000",
  "current_share_supply": 100000000000000,
  "maximum_share_supply": 100000000000000,
  "collected_fees": 0
}

100,000,000,000,000. FREE (all of them) have been issued and are lying around in my account. I don't need them. Neither will they be "useful" as they state "Free as in beer" ..

I'd like to ask the community about a "fancy" idea to get them out into the wild ..

Ready .. GO!

Give them a utility.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline madawc

• View Profile
I would have some stars if I could.
BTSX: madawc

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I have 100 billion STARs available! :) Who wants some? They are free for the asking.

I wouldn't mind a couple thousand STARs... or just a couple. Or just one.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

38PTSWarrior

Me too, I would love to see some STARs showing up in my balance.

merockstar

i would have some stars as a novelty, if I could.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So I'll start some scripting this evening ... maybe I can figure out how to do multipoint transaction .. I am 100% sure that is already somewhere in the code ..

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

This got me thinking, and I figured out it would be technically possible to add support for private airdrops.

Here is the idea:  https://github.com/drltc/bitbond-proposal/blob/master/airdrop.md
I like the idea .. however I feel that "we won't make it" until vegas ...
I'd go for an air-drop on non-existing addresses and preload some say 1000 qr-codes  .. if there wasn't a multi transaction (I can remember there originally was, but not in the current verison) .. these would cost 500 btsx transaction fee for the FEE alone .. if we were to preload with 1 BTSX too then we had to fund some 1500 BTSX extra ..

still 1000 addresses are few compared to airdropping a whole altcoin :)

This could be funded by angel delegate. Currently there are no projects proposed for angel funding. This could be the first one. I'll post more details when I get home.

Tuck Fheman

Edit : errr ... I think I had what a "no" vote represented backwards.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:58:49 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

This got me thinking, and I figured out it would be technically possible to add support for private airdrops.

Here is the idea:  https://github.com/drltc/bitbond-proposal/blob/master/airdrop.md
I like the idea .. however I feel that "we won't make it" until vegas ...
I'd go for an air-drop on non-existing addresses and preload some say 1000 qr-codes  .. if there wasn't a multi transaction (I can remember there originally was, but not in the current verison) .. these would cost 500 btsx transaction fee for the FEE alone .. if we were to preload with 1 BTSX too then we had to fund some 1500 BTSX extra ..

still 1000 addresses are few compared to airdropping a whole altcoin :)

Offline theoretical

BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline yellowecho

passing out FREE samples in Vegas sounds like a nice idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I just need to make sure that:
- not a single individum takes all of them
- I do not have tooooo much work .. because my spare-time is usually not 'free' as in beer