Author Topic: Problem buying BitUSD: "insufficient funds"  (Read 3807 times)

Xeldal

Yeah I actually had a dream last night about that very thing.  Ran down and tried USD instead.  got a different error message.

Code: [Select]
>> wallet_market_submit_ask xeldal 8000 USD 27.4 BTSX 0

37001 invalid_market: invalid market

{"quote_asset_id":0,"base_asset_id":22}
    bitshares  chain_database.cpp:2541 bts::blockchain::chain_database::get_market_bids

{"quote_symbol":"BTSX","base_symbol":"USD","limit":1}
    bitshares  chain_database.cpp:2562 bts::blockchain::chain_database::get_market_bids

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1475 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_market_submit_ask

{"command":"wallet_market_submit_ask"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:555 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
try with "USD" instead of "bitUSD"!

Xeldal

Code: [Select]
>> wallet_market_submit_ask xeldal 8000 bitUSD 27 BTSX 0

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
arec.valid():
    {}
    bitshares  chain_database.cpp:1500 bts::blockchain::chain_database::get_asset_id

{"symbol":"bitUSD"}
    bitshares  chain_database.cpp:1502 bts::blockchain::chain_database::get_asset_id

{"quote_symbol":"BTSX","base_symbol":"bitUSD","limit":1}
    bitshares  chain_database.cpp:2562 bts::blockchain::chain_database::get_market_bids

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1475 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_market_submit_ask

{"command":"wallet_market_submit_ask"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:555 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Ok so I saw a suggestion somewhere else to rescan the whole blockchain and this seemed to work for me. The command was "rescan" and it took a little while but you can check the progress using "getinfo". You can find both commands in the consol section. Hope this helps
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline lafona

• View Profile
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911

Offline pendragon3

In 0.4.14 windows GUI version, I tried buying a small amount of BitUSD, and the BTSX balance is certainly more than enough for the purchase. However, the order doesn't go through.

I get the following message: "Order failed: insufficient funds (200101)". What could be causing this?

Can you run the transfer/order from the console and give me the full exception trace?

PM sent.

Xeldal

This is a very interesting problem... can you send me the result of:

wallet_acount_transaction_history ACCOUNT_NAME

I don't know if you were talking to me or not, but I've sent you a PM with the results anyway.

Offline bytemaster

In 0.4.14 windows GUI version, I tried buying a small amount of BitUSD, and the BTSX balance is certainly more than enough for the purchase. However, the order doesn't go through.

I get the following message: "Order failed: insufficient funds (200101)". What could be causing this?

Can you run the transfer/order from the console and give me the full exception trace?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

This is a very interesting problem... can you send me the result of:

wallet_acount_transaction_history ACCOUNT_NAME
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lafona

• View Profile
Hi,

I am also having this problem with my account. It also is an issue when I go to send a transaction. The balance was 164.3762 USD and I get an insufficient funds error when I try send 10 USD. It appears like an amount from my account was locked when I placed a market order and the transaction expired. I only say this because  a small portion of my account ~6 USD was useable and the expired transaction was for ~157. I also have a small amount of BTSX ~90 in the acccount. Hope this helps. Thanks

Xeldal

Everything is wrong in the transaction balance section both BTSX and bitUSD keep getting set to zero.
I can't sell my bitUSD as a result, though i can buy bitUSD no problem.  Pretty inconvenient.

Xeldal

I do.
I did a rescan as well. Same issue.

Edit:
I just noticed the transaction balance was set to zero after my initial bitUSD purchase.
There was much more than necessary to make the purchase and should not be zero after.

This is obviously causing the insufficient funds error.

I can continue to purchase more bitUSD though.  I just can't sell it.  strange.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:18:54 am by Xeldal »

Offline bytemaster

Do you also have btsx in same account?

Xeldal

I get the same error when trying to sell bitUSD, also more than enough balance. No idea.