Author Topic: Marketing Proposal - Our Unfair Advantage  (Read 9387 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Stealth phase; marketing push will come when client is stable, trading platform is implemented and pegs have solidified.

Agree that Brian & Co. have not engaged the community as well they as they might have.

However, marketing could be a huge distraction to a community that needs to focus on development.

There is a method to these folks' madness.

Have faith. Good things come to those who wait.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Quote from: Geneko
What I am curies about is how Brian Marketing Department is organized how many people work on this and how they are funded. Are there enough resources available for achieving all his goals?

Brian mentioned there are "people he's talking with" that have invested millions of their own money [in BTSX shares] and will be promoting the concept. I'm really, really hoping classic internet marketing guys like Parry Belcher, Eben Pagan and Frank Kern are on board. If that's the case we'll go past bitcoin in short order.

I didn't mean that. I mean this man has many thing to do on his daily schedule, he probably needs to delegate some jobs.. Is there any actual stuff behind his operations and if there is, who pays for its salaries.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Quote from: Geneko
What I am curies about is how Brian Marketing Department is organized how many people work on this and how they are funded. Are there enough resources available for achieving all his goals?

Brian mentioned there are "people he's talking with" that have invested millions of their own money [in BTSX shares] and will be promoting the concept. I'm really, really hoping classic internet marketing guys like Parry Belcher, Eben Pagan and Frank Kern are on board. If that's the case we'll go past bitcoin in short order.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Brian recently spent an hour on Beyond Bitcoin outlining the Western marketing plan in great detail.  I think it was this one:

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/brian-page-8-27-2014

This sounds really good..  :o

Yeah just listened to this today and my doubts have been soothed. I have a feeling there are a lot of high level internet marketers ready to pump the shit out of this.

Indeed!

There are many ideas aim to resolve what I been talking about. I must admit it is first time I was listening what Brian has to say about his plans and I was impressed how this man thinks all the way.

It would be nice if those ideas could be presented in more structural form then this interview and we could discuss about it. I got a feeling that marketing plans are still in stealth mode I guess there is real reason behind it.

I am not suggesting community should teach him how to do his work, he is the man in charge, but rather show ways some goals could be accomplish better, faster with fewer resources. What I could suggest is for every goal his is chasing, to open up tread that many ideas could pop up, without revealing actual plan behind it.

For example:
What stock excange software has best user grade expiriance, most intuitive interface or so?
What are the ways we could approach for example Miley Cirus to say something about Bitshares?
Who are the people that are considered most trusted sources of information for any paticular field we are interested about?
What other beneficial business or enterprenuer or newspaper could we approach for strategic aliance relationship and what that mutul benefical could be?

It is hard to compite with BM’s level of trust because he is rock star here. Let the communitie be your allie instead of critique what ever reasons may lay behind it.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Brian recently spent an hour on Beyond Bitcoin outlining the Western marketing plan in great detail.  I think it was this one:

Yeah just listened to this today and my doubts have been soothed. I have a feeling there are a lot of high level internet marketers ready to pump the shit out of this.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
I'm not being sarcastic.
Perhaps I don't understand the intention of AGS.

Quoting the following link initially publicizing AGS.

"AGS is just a public ledger of donors you can get on by donating to a development trust, 
to build the industry and try to get targeted by developers
who see promotional advantages in a free airdrop of their new product samples
to a demographic of people who donate to developers!"

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1631.0
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Ggozzo

I honestly don't think his names means anything. Before this thread, I never heard of him. So why would the end user benefit from this guy doing something that supposed others can't? We don't need "big whales". We need mass adoption and unless this guys real name is Oprah, Jon Stewart, Hannity, Bono, Clooney, Tiger, or the likes, then his name doesn't mean sh*t.

I am all for marketing to the masses, not to a few whales to pump the price for an inevitable dump. We need to be where BTC is now. And it doesn't matter how BTC got there. We need to take the lead before BTC runs away and enticing a few rich dudes ain't gonna do it. We need web ads, paper ads, subway ads, or maybe a championship game tv ad. This will get attention to the little guys we need. We want them before the big guys, otherwise you will be trying to break down another wall. One that BTC is struggling with. That of the early adopter and BitRich elite before the mainstream, especially because no new coins are distributed.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@ Number 1    -   Sarcasm? Yes, no maybe?

Cause whether you are kidding or not if the whole AGS is transferred in BTSX it will be the most massive crypto IPO.
 If you exclude Ether, that is, doing the same conversion of their BTC into BTSX... but for them to do that will be kind of....weird?!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:41:24 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
I reckon it should be left in the capable hands of Dan, Stan and Brian for now. 2 reasons:

Firstly, For a taste of what is to come check out http://bitshares-x.info

This simple website was developed by Brian and his team. I believe Cas was involved also but would have to clarify that. It's simple layout and marketing jargon is a great 1st point introduction to bitshares for the general public.

Secondly there is already clear thinking by i3 into how fundraising may be carried out. Just look at the Angelshares incentive spearheaded by Stan. To my knowledge this has been the most successful funding incentive ever organised in the cryptosphere, the fruits of which we will see in the future once the software is stable and Brian reveals what's been going on behind the scenes.
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Idea: How about awarding the top X Delegates Y bitUSD each month just to help get things started? What better way to hand out grants? With this idea we delegate the execution to well.. the delegates. If we give them too much they will burn more, etc.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:52:19 pm by CLains »

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
The problem with giving this guy 1% is that there is no way to measure his success.  If he is smart and selfishly motivated, he'll just sit on his 1% and make a minimal effort so people don't bad mouth him.  Then when Bitshares X succeeds regardless, he gets nearly the same profits with a fraction of the effort.

Now if he was the only single marketer for a product it would be different, because it would be sink or swim.  Giving him money upfront then expecting him to make magic seems to be the wrong approach.  The incentives are just not there.  He can basically freeride.

This might be the truth except he needs to borrow his name. Don't forget his name means everything in his business.
His name is worth something to your "suggested", targeted audience and BitsharesX doesn't mean anything to them.
One more thing, this guy has connections, he could provide access to mainstream medial like New York Times, Forbs, Wall Street Journal and etc..

Execution is what we need more than ideas.

I 100% agree

Offline gamey

• View Profile
The problem with giving this guy 1% is that there is no way to measure his success.  If he is smart and selfishly motivated, he'll just sit on his 1% and make a minimal effort so people don't bad mouth him.  Then when Bitshares X succeeds regardless, he gets nearly the same profits with a fraction of the effort.

Now if he was the only single marketer for a product it would be different, because it would be sink or swim.  Giving him money upfront then expecting him to make magic seems to be the wrong approach.  The incentives are just not there.  He can basically freeride.

I honestly don't think there is any marketing genius that will come up with significant ideas that would surpass those produced by this community.  Execution is what we need more than ideas.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:45:21 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
"We are all marketers now."

Let a thousand fiendishly clever evangelists bloom.

I love this quote. It sums up some ideas I've been kicking around lately. I'm a developer by trade but I am trying to come up with all kinds of ideas for getting people in rural communities to understand the potential for wealth redistribution in distributed crypto-secured transparent ledger systems. I know jobs are somewhat of a scarcity so people may not be able to afford to make any kind of investment; so I would like to formulate some way of incentivizing the spread of knowledge of block-chains and what not, but in an easy to digest fashion for my target audience (non technical folks, maybe some don't even go online yet). It would be great to allow those that become adopters to also be incentivized somehow to continue the spread of knowledge. This way people that are interested in becoming involved can both become invested, and learn more about it. One of the ways I was thinking to fund this "faucet" was by running a delegate campaign and developing my platform around this, with the delegate pay rate minus overhead going to the "learning" faucet. Lots of details to work out here (how to make the flow of value transparent? how to enable people who have to use other computers or only a smartphone for online use to keep their wallet in a secure fashion? building a web experience for this, etc.)

Now to make the time! Too many irons in the fire atm... might need to pull some out to make room for this one. There is much work to be done! This is something I see coming to fruition after the release of a lightweight client as well as a tested & vetted beta client release. I feel very passionate about bringing block-chains to the masses.

My expectation is that, in the not to distant future, most of the Delegates will be elected because they are the best at attracting new owner/voters to the ecosystem.

Darwinian Natural Selection - Survival of the Best Marketers   :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline robrigo

"We are all marketers now."

Let a thousand fiendishly clever evangelists bloom.

I love this quote. It sums up some ideas I've been kicking around lately. I'm a developer by trade but I am trying to come up with all kinds of ideas for getting people in rural communities to understand the potential for wealth redistribution in distributed crypto-secured transparent ledger systems. I know jobs are somewhat of a scarcity so people may not be able to afford to make any kind of investment; so I would like to formulate some way of incentivizing the spread of knowledge of block-chains and what not, but in an easy to digest fashion for my target audience (non technical folks, maybe some don't even go online yet). It would be great to allow those that become adopters to also be incentivized somehow to continue the spread of knowledge. This way people that are interested in becoming involved can both become invested, and learn more about it. One of the ways I was thinking to fund this "faucet" was by running a delegate campaign and developing my platform around this, with the delegate pay rate minus overhead going to the "learning" faucet. Lots of details to work out here (how to make the flow of value transparent? how to enable people who have to use other computers or only a smartphone for online use to keep their wallet in a secure fashion? building a web experience for this, etc.)

Now to make the time! Too many irons in the fire atm... might need to pull some out to make room for this one. There is much work to be done! This is something I see coming to fruition after the release of a lightweight client as well as a tested & vetted beta client release. I feel very passionate about bringing block-chains to the masses.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:17:55 pm by robrigo »