Author Topic: Frankfurt FinTech Forum  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
As you might imagine, investors and future partners are generally reluctant to have their names appear publicly in some start-up company's "trip report".  :)

Let's just say it produced some promising contacts who expressed interest in further discussions.  That's about all you can hope for when you're given a 7-minute window to pitch your company in a meeting where 18 startups are paraded across the stage.

The biggest immediate benefit was in seeing 17 other versions of what such a "pitch" should look like.

I did get to spend 90 minutes with the conference organizer the evening before and got a lot of wisdom about what investors and partners are looking for in a pitch.

Ultimately, events like this are like drilling oil wells in uncharted territory.  You never know how many you need to drill before you get your first gusher.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bitacer

Keep up the good work man . " The ultimate decentralization is individuals " said once someone..

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Anyway, even though I couldn't attend, I know for a fact that this event was a success since @Stan made some AWESOME contacts into the European FinTech community plus another very important guy who''s name I cannot publish :)

That's nice. Could Stan share the feedback he received? Was it more of the "seems pretty interesting" talk that we know people won't care or did someone show genuine interest?

+5% a "trip report" would be nice

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Anyway, even though I couldn't attend, I know for a fact that this event was a success since @Stan made some AWESOME contacts into the European FinTech community plus another very important guy who''s name I cannot publish :)

That's nice. Could Stan share the feedback he received? Was it more of the "seems pretty interesting" talk that we know people won't care or did someone show genuine interest?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
too bad I have no idea what you are talking about ..

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

so no result..another meeting waste time
Have you not yet realized that most of the good-news posts are flagged with "hide-post-for-lzr1900"?

noone will believe again

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Have you not yet realized that most of the good-news posts are flagged with "hide-post-for-lzr1900"?

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Unfortunatelly i cant join. Makes me sad on the on hand . .. but on the other hand the other appointment I have is way more important to me ..

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Cool! Will you guys be around for a beer later that day? :-)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline testz

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Fantastic, good luck!  Nice one Cass & Xeroc!

julian1

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Many thanks to Xeroc for setting this up. 
Thanks @cass for reaching out to them in the first place!