Author Topic: Decentralized autonomous religions  (Read 3504 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think a DAC that predicated the value of different religious beliefs would be an amazingly profitable DAC.  People would be socially pressured to INVEST in a particular belief and prove that they are invested in that belief by signing statements with their address.  Now the religion has financial incentive for evangelism :)

This could be done with a very small tweak to BitShares :)

Okay if you think so and if Invictus Innovations intends to build a DAC around this concept contact me so I can be involved? And if you do it I'd like to reserve credit  for coming up with the idea.

Honestly I don't know know enough about Bitshares yet to tweak it but I can help develop and refine the idea so someone who does know can implement it.

I will gladly concede that you posted it here first and would love to have you involved, but the idea of a religious DAC based upon prediction markets and BitShares has been floating around Invictus for over 2 months :).    That said, I doubt Invictus would choose to release such a DAC for political and brand reasons so you can take full credit for bringing it to market :)

I think the idea will remain on this board until enough people think it's a good idea to pick it up and run with it. I'm not surprised Invictus has had a similar idea. It's more who wants to be the first to implement it?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

I think a DAC that predicated the value of different religious beliefs would be an amazingly profitable DAC.  People would be socially pressured to INVEST in a particular belief and prove that they are invested in that belief by signing statements with their address.  Now the religion has financial incentive for evangelism :)

Okay if you think so and if Invictus Innovations intends to build a DAC around this concept contact me so I can be involved? And if you do it I'd like to reserve credit  for coming up with the idea.

Honestly I don't know know enough about Bitshares yet to tweak it but I can help develop and refine the idea so someone who does know can implement it.

I will gladly concede that you posted it here first and would love to have you involved, but the idea of a religious DAC based upon prediction markets and BitShares has been floating around Invictus for over 2 months :).    That said, I doubt Invictus would choose to release such a DAC for political and brand reasons so you can take full credit for bringing it to market :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:57:25 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
hmmm... As a somewhat religious/spiritual person I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, having a reliable source of religious texts in a digital format would be very useful, but trying to operate an entire Religion through a DAC could be difficult. Simply suggesting philosophies or ways of life could be done, although these generally aren't considered full religions by themselves

Not a religion in specific, but a way to distribute the spiritual knowledge to anyone who wants it and to preserve that knowledge for all generations by using market forces combined with spiritual forces. The idea is the decentralization of religion which means it does not have to be called religion at all but could be given a different name to conceptualize it.

Also it will give us a first, a true indication of the value of spirituality in the market place without government interference. Typically a government mandates a specific religion or they ban others, or there is a church which acts a lot like a government which selects the top 100 scriptures to go into the official Bible.

The point here is that it should be decentralized. Give the idea some thought and if you can think of ways to improve on it go ahead.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
hmmm... As a somewhat religious/spiritual person I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, having a reliable source of religious texts in a digital format would be very useful, but trying to operate an entire Religion through a DAC could be difficult. Simply suggesting philosophies or ways of life could be done, although these generally aren't considered full religions by themselves
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I'm proposing the idea for a DAC called Aethershares which can provide a decentralized alternative to the centralized religious institution. It could act to protect religious text of all world religions. It should function to turn those text digital, to translate ancient text, to reward the generation of new spiritual text or art in the form of an open wiki format where people who are spiritual and who come up with spiritual modes of thought can be rewarded.

The purpose of this DAC would be to promote and preserve decentralized spirituality. It could be branched out as well so that DACs can be built from it which function similar to scientology if people want that, promote new age religion if people want that, or accept dues from people if they want that. Since it would have no leadership at the top it would have to be a completely decentralized organic spirituality where the best spiritual ideas rise to the top.

The foundation of it would be similar to the associated press DAC where people would speculate on the rise of different spiritual concepts, religions, ideas, and metaphors.

If a particular spiritual concept or idea catches fire then it will be profitable because the people who discover it first will be richly rewarded.

A refinement to the associated press DAC would be that it should be set up so that there are different options. It could be set up where the person who wrote or created the idea/religious text / spiritual art work splits the profit 50/50 with distributors. This would be following the Bittunes model where you have makers and movers.

The makers upload original religious/spiritual text (that they wrote), and the buyers buy these original texts to become the movers/distributors.  The earlier you discover the text the more money you can make in this system. The most traded texts reach the top 100 religious/spiritual texts as they get reviewed and ranked. The DAC itself would take a percent and give dividends to the owners of the shares in the DAC. This DAC would allow for the promotion of spiritual and religious progress for humanity without the influence of politics and government. It would also have the positive side effect of rewarding the most spiritually advanced individuals.

Do you think it could work? Comments?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:17:54 am by luckybit »