Author Topic: Angry: someone say that the bitshares wallet copied PPC's Nubits program.  (Read 2429 times)

Offline edilliam

Hi, Edilliam. As of the 23rd of September, I'll be happy to discuss the NuBits implementation, but until that release date I cannot go into details. I apologize for being evasive, but I'm bound by my commitment to the team that the coordinated release message will be the first it is discussed publicly.

I can reiterate what Jordan Lee has already stated: that NuBits and Bitshares use completely different designs and it's virtually impossible that some random person on a forum could have come to the conclusion that Bitshares and NuBits had anything visually similar in their wallet designs (other than the standard elements required to meet the needs of our industry).

Also, from experience, it's very, very difficult to strap a gyroscope to a cryptoasset -- I applaud anyone who is able to get it to work! :)

That's understandable. Well, I look forward to the announcement next week.

Offline Mtinie

• View Profile
Hi, Edilliam. As of the 23rd of September, I'll be happy to discuss the NuBits implementation, but until that release date I cannot go into details. I apologize for being evasive, but I'm bound by my commitment to the team that the coordinated release message will be the first it is discussed publicly.

I can reiterate what Jordan Lee has already stated: that NuBits and Bitshares use completely different designs and it's virtually impossible that some random person on a forum could have come to the conclusion that Bitshares and NuBits had anything visually similar in their wallet designs (other than the standard elements required to meet the needs of our industry).

Also, from experience, it's very, very difficult to strap a gyroscope to a cryptoasset -- I applaud anyone who is able to get it to work! :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Wouldn't it be tough to copy NuBits, seeing as no one outside the project knows what it is? Reminds me a little of when the inventor Dean Kamen was working on something HUGE that was going to change urban transport forever. Everyone was calling the project "IT". Steve Jobs and all these notables had visited him and were hyping his work. "It" was the next big thing, but very hush hush. Speculation was rampant. Would it be a Stirling engine breakthrough? And when the Segway debuted, people were juuuust a little bit underwhelmed. Cool, but definitely a niche product. Hopefully, NuBits adds a useful piece to the crypto universe; I'm rooting for them, even though I sold all my PPC for BitShares.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:38:30 am by donkeypong »

Offline edilliam

Peercoin price has been going up last couple days. Could it be because of interest in Nubits?

As someone involved in the NuBits project, I'd like to know who has been making that statement. If it was in a post on a message board or Reddit, could you please point me to it so I can make sure that it is properly addressed?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome Mtinie. Would it be possible for you to summarize the Nubits project for us?

Offline Mtinie

• View Profile
As someone involved in the NuBits project, I'd like to know who has been making that statement. If it was in a post on a message board or Reddit, could you please point me to it so I can make sure that it is properly addressed?

Thank you in advance.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I thought the volatilty in cryptos was the funnest part. 

Offline yellowecho

Why waste your emotions being angry by someone's blind ignorance? 

EDIT:
You can also point your friend to the Peercoin forum where the dev said NuBits' design is completely different:
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2923.msg28987#msg28987

Oh, and here's a pic of the wallet BitShares 'copied':
   :-X
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:50:49 pm by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell NuBits is supposed to be. All they say is that it "solves the volatility problem" and has something to do with peershares. Sounds an awful lot like Bitshares to me, but with their vague wording who knows what it could actually be.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Until today I didn't really no about a NuBit program .. and still don't really see a whitepaper of sort

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.