Author Topic: To the delegates who are not publishing GLD, EUR, etc price feeds  (Read 3877 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
can we hold off on opening new markets for a week?

It would be prudent to get the client, market mechanics and trading platform sorted before any additional bitAssets go live.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
One of the reasons I don't want to place orders is that I don't know when we'll get the magical number of feeds and the magical 500k market depth. Either of those events could happen at any time, and I can't be monitoring my orders constantly to make sure they are at prices I'm happy with. I could place a bunch of arbitrary orders some large distance from the median, but that would not be adding meaningful depth.

That's why I think it would be awesome if we could make orders depended of the ratio...    [(bitAsset price) / (median price of realAsset)] (?)
For example :  buy x bitGLD at ratio:85%

it would increase market depth if we could make orders depended of the ratio...  imagine an order like :  buy x bitUSD at ratio:85%

I like this idea.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8390.msg110030#msg110030
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:00:26 am by liondani »

Offline Markus

• View Profile
I'd like to abstain from posting a feed on a shallow market.
Please try to post some orders first.
The markets you want feeds are too small and easily manipulated.

I get an error message posting a short order in any of the un-fed markets. Am I the only one?

... this means we need the feeds first, then the orders.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
If traders want to prove there is enough honest depth then they should set up market maker bots. But also you shouldn't because it is not stable enough for out liking.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm deeply looking forward to the day when I'll have the time to learn enough python to audit the market-maker code and check to make sure it does what I want it to... until then I'll just be patient and wait patiently for it to be ready.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If traders want to prove there is enough honest depth then they should set up market maker bots. But also you shouldn't because it is not stable enough for out liking.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

So I see it's a chicken-and-egg problem: the traders want feeds so they can place orders, but the delegates want orders so they can issue feeds.

One of the reasons I don't want to place orders is that I don't know when we'll get the magical number of feeds and the magical 500k market depth. Either of those events could happen at any time, and I can't be monitoring my orders constantly to make sure they are at prices I'm happy with. I could place a bunch of arbitrary orders some large distance from the median, but that would not be adding meaningful depth.

The bitCNY launch was beautiful because we all knew exactly when it was going to happen, because the market was effectively turned on by a hard fork. It would be awfully nice if we could have something like that for future market launches. Maybe a sufficient number of delegates could get together and announce a specific time and date that they are going to issue their feed.

emski, I'm curious: what kind of manipulation worries you?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Haha, and there go my ambitions to trade bitGLD this week. BM has spoken. :)

Bytemaster, mind if I ask your reason?

maybe he wanted/planed to sleep a couple of hours this week (?)  :D

PS What about only bitGOLD this week ?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Haha, and there go my ambitions to trade bitGLD this week. BM has spoken. :)

Bytemaster, mind if I ask your reason?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am so stupid .. i can let delegate.xeroc pay for the charity feeds .. :)

Will pimp my script tomorrow when back at the computer .. promised

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
It does cost a single transaction fee .. so 0.5BTSX each update .. so maybe up to every 2-4 hours ..

we are indeed talking about pennies here .. yet .. I am undecided of how the charity delegates should take part ..
I will let the community gather some fact over the night and read through it tomorrow .. have nice day .. good night :-)

i don't get it - how much do delegates pays for publishing feeds?

so i would suggest that delegates who not publishing feeds are excluded from the trading fees this feeds make available. This way the delegates who are not doing their duty are punished and the delegates who are doing the job get more fees. i would just share this fees to the other delegates.

i don't see a reason to pay a delegate the trading fee say for bitGLD if he is not publishing the feed.

That's not a bad idea! It would align the incentives a little better.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
It does cost a single transaction fee .. so 0.5BTSX each update .. so maybe up to every 2-4 hours ..

we are indeed talking about pennies here .. yet .. I am undecided of how the charity delegates should take part ..
I will let the community gather some fact over the night and read through it tomorrow .. have nice day .. good night :-)

i don't get it - how much do delegates pays for publishing feeds?

so i would suggest that delegates who not publishing feeds are excluded from the trading fees this feeds make available. This way the delegates who are not doing their duty are punished and the delegates who are doing the job get more fees. i would just share this fees to the other delegates.

i don't see a reason to pay a delegate the trading fee say for bitGLD if he is not publishing the feed.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

You could set your tf to 0.1BTSX, yes?

My quick opinion is that getting more markets going will be healthy for BTSX, so it will ultimately increase transaction volume and increase delegate income. Of course, this is just a wild guess - there are probably diminishing returns eventually.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info