Author Topic: Incentivize taking BTSX off the exchanges  (Read 4618 times)

chryspano

We need the exchanges so that people can quickly trade btc and fiat to get btsx. People that want to sell btsx I'm sure they can use the internal market for a large percentage of their trade volume. I initially used an exchange for 100% of the btsx I bought but when it comes to selling I used the internal market for 40% of my sales. 

Offline bernard

• View Profile
Something like LocalBitcoins for BitUSD would be my recommendation.

You meet up with local sellers, hand over a $20 dollar note and seller transfers you $20 dollars BitUSD.

Quick and easy, no exchange rate haggling!

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
this is a good question

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
i don't get it!

you need 3rd party exchanges to let people exchange other crypto or dollars into BTSX. you would just hurt our community.

unfortunately, this is true.

We need an ATM where we can deposit fiat and it automatically trades for the equivalent BitAsset :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i don't get it!

you need 3rd party exchanges to let people exchange other crypto or dollars into BTSX. you would just hurt our community.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Does anyone else think exchanges may see BTSX as a threat to their business model?

38PTSWarrior

It would be nice to make the market into a 3d game. There you can go to the tavern and talk to the bartender about prices, or go to the exchange house near by and you have a little animal that sometimes tells you when it is a good time to short here or there.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
This post is probably quite obvious, but I think its worth talking about.

IMO a big thing holding back the BTSX price/adoption is that people are just happy to trade it back and forth on the centralized exchanges. If more people would take it off the exchanges and trade via shorting/buying BitUSD, then it would lock up more money into BitAssets, thereby restricting the supply of BTSX.

Because of collateral, the following equation applies:
Code: [Select]
Sum of BTSX > Sum of BitAssets * 3
So the question is how do we incentivize people to start using the internal exchange instead? The obvious answer is that the QT wallet needs to be really beautiful & intuitive - even more than bter.com etc.

But perhaps there are other innovative ways of incentivizing the use of the wallet? Can anyone think of other ways?