Author Topic: Transparency  (Read 5011 times)

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Hi guys,

I'm looking for RSS resources to add to the news service, I see a lot of Bitshares related sites don't have it or maybe I didnt see it. The backend is complete and if you want to be added as a beta subscriber please do let me know so you can receive emails as from today. Since things run completely automatic now we can send out more mails. I think 2 each day would be ok without being too spammy but u can set it in your preferences later, no worry. Please note that all emails are customized now based on the users preferences .
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Hi guys, thanks for the responses. It seems a system similar is already in the making right now (received message from theFuzz last night) and I will just keep on focusing on DACZine which will be a small part of that as well. I will launch a fully automated news service (with custom articles when available) within a few days. I will migrate the accounts to this new system and I think its a bit more useful then whats available now. It's just taking too much time to create a full newsletter each day myself. You will be able to add your own sources, filters, mail templates etc and the news will be delivered each day to your mailbox or a personalized view on the site. If you would like to be part of the beta just let me know I think the first mails will go out somewhere tomorrow and a working but limited version will be online this weekend. As i told theFuzz, if I can be of use with something on other proejcts please do let me know.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Add github metrics to this list.  (forks, stars, contributors,..)
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
 +5%   great idea on this one. 

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I think this discussion should be had.  Although I welcome anyone volunteering, we need to make sure that this is what we need and your time is not wasted.

Mainly just a site for people that for whatever reason want to be on the team and contribute to grassroots marketing efforts of various types.  Light on the leadership end and more just to keep the community cohesive and working together. Keep track of various tasks and hopefully match up skills etc.

As far as I know, most of these things wouldn't have bounties.  We were headed towards Asana but I haven't investigated it further since this was/is in the works.

I do not have any strong opinions on the subject.  It sounds like marketing push is being put off a bit until GUI is overhauled.  I really think it is a good idea to have things sorted out a bit before we start looking for new members.  So in that regard perhaps we have a few weeks before an organizer site could be really really useful.  So it isn't super time critical I suppose, but on the other hand Asana is already there.

I'd like to hear other's thoughts.

I agree. Could not have stated it better. It would be great to have a loosely affiliated site for this run by the community. The only thing is that those running it will need to check with the decentralized leaders regularly and make sure there isn't any disconnect (e.g. "Oh, we're working on that already. Should be ready next week."). If we're sure the decentralized team isn't working on something already, then I would trust the community to choose and prioritize tasks.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I think this discussion should be had.  Although I welcome anyone volunteering, we need to make sure that this is what we need and your time is not wasted.

Mainly just a site for people that for whatever reason want to be on the team and contribute to grassroots marketing efforts of various types.  Light on the leadership end and more just to keep the community cohesive and working together. Keep track of various tasks and hopefully match up skills etc.

As far as I know, most of these things wouldn't have bounties.  We were headed towards Asana but I haven't investigated it further since this was/is in the works.

I do not have any strong opinions on the subject.  It sounds like marketing push is being put off a bit until GUI is overhauled.  I really think it is a good idea to have things sorted out a bit before we start looking for new members.  So in that regard perhaps we have a few weeks before an organizer site could be really really useful.  So it isn't super time critical I suppose, but on the other hand Asana is already there.

I'd like to hear other's thoughts.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Hi guys, got a little busy these days but today i started with the initial design. This is where it's going but its still a little rough and more a sign of me being alive then showing a design :P 

Now with my big mouth I also thought it was better to have this as a community platform and build it without any official support. However I'm a bit worried about spending the next two full weeks building it and then another two optimizing it without it ever being put to work. Do you think it's fair to ask for development funds for this platform (and if yes, how?) and do you guys think if it should only be build with official support or just by ourselves?

Here's some more details about what I had in mind.

• Besides the platform administrators regular members can post tasks as well
  • Bounties can be added to each task to shorten completion time
  • Tasks can be selected my members (workers) and will be locked for an x amount of time set by our admins before an initial design, code or task specific content has to be uploaded to show that the member is capable of completing it. If so the task will be assigned to that member, if not it will be put to available again
  • Tasks can be split to allow multiple workers. The worker who accepts the task can split it in smaller tasks and delegate it to his buddies. Upon completion of all task-pieces the task will be marked as completed and is ready for review by us or the task submitter
  • The system allows for tasks which need to be repeated an x amount of times before completion (like upvoting, sharing etc)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Yes !! Godcreation will no doubt create something godly for us.  He's stepped up wanting to create a tool for us to help organize ourselves.  I wish him luck.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Cool guys, its on! Talked to Gamey earlier today and send Cass and Brian a message but either way allow us a week or two to get something worth looking and using. Inbetween ill post some designs. DACZine will also be integrated in the new platform.

Sounds great!!  Can't wait to see your designs   :D

curious also --- you'll make it kick ass, i'm sure ... ;)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Cool guys, its on! Talked to Gamey earlier today and send Cass and Brian a message but either way allow us a week or two to get something worth looking and using. Inbetween ill post some designs. DACZine will also be integrated in the new platform.

Sounds great!!  Can't wait to see your designs   :D

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Trying to get www.beyondbitcoinx.net into something like that

You're working on it already? Let me know otherwise Ill create it. I want it to be part of the 'marketing portal' as proposed by Gamey earlier where people can sign up, pick a task which suits their skills and mark it as complete. We could use the stats page above to validate and reflect all actions. Want to incorporate some kind of timeline view where events and stats are merged. Please note I do not have talked with Gamey yet about it so maybe he has a plan ready otherwise Ill create the paper and see if it fits our needs.

Mark pls go for it ... i know how you design ;)

Go for it Mark! That sounds awesome.

I'll add 20 PTS from the community fund to the bounty!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

You're working on it already? Let me know otherwise Ill create it. I want it to be part of the 'marketing portal' as proposed by Gamey earlier where people can sign up, pick a task which suits their skills and mark it as complete. We could use the stats page above to validate and reflect all actions. Want to incorporate some kind of timeline view where events and stats are merged. Please note I do not have talked with Gamey yet about it so maybe he has a plan ready otherwise Ill create the paper and see if it fits our needs.

Mark pls go for it ... i know how you design ;)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

Asana works well with that - integrated with gmail.  Or the regular stuff like Basecamp.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Last I heard eagleeye is not working, because he does not have to...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
the same procedure as everytime - pls don't hesitate to contact my anytime if i could assist on gfx related issues etc.. happy to assist ...(when get time to of course)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i'll throw in 5000 BTSX (yes not so much - but a start :) )  to get this project finished asap ... maybe more people want to join ... ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:53:04 pm by cass »

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Excellent idea.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. do it!!!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Wow. And eventually, add in the # of merchants plugging into BitUSD. Could those even be integrated into the main site?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
like the idea

Offline CLains

• View Profile
How about a site with live charts of

#Google searches for "BitShares"
#Google hits for "BitShares"
#$ market cap of BitShares X, PTS, etc.
#Forum members
#Forum posts
#"BitShares" Tweets
#Twitter followers
#Facebook likes
#$ total revenue for Delegates
#Meetups
#Reddit likes
#Reddit posts
#BitShares X downloads
#BitAssets Created

We should easily be able to constantly keep these and other vital signs closely in view.