Author Topic: Price speculation  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I find the "price is dropping because miner's are selling" a bit difficult to accept.

What have the miner's been doing prior to this decline? Not selling?

If you look at localbitcoins folks are buying like crazy; recent news has been the most bullish in the history of bitcoin; VC investment is at an all-time high.

Bitcoin trades largely on sentiment, sentiment is increasingly optimistic and the price should be ticking up.

But price is inexplicably bleeding down.

I've got tinfoil on this one - the next leg up is being delayed via open market operations until ETFs go live.

How does this impact BTSX?

May be positive:

- Won't make sense to sell BTSX to buy BTC if BTC continues to decline; reduced selling pressure

- Folks may sell BTC (old tech going down!) to buy BTSX (new tech going up!); increased buying pressure

- Folks may still believe in BTC but move into bitBTC and use the yield to offset the price decline; increased buying pressure

Or there may just be a panic where everyone sells everything...

btc is looking great for the immediate future, as you said money has been pouring into the system and it seams like more and more companies are begging to accept it.
Long term I have my doubts as mining increases but we will see....

I would also suggest what is good for btc is good for us. As more and more people read about btc and get used to the ideas of crypto in general is will spawn further adoption because it is no longer weird, strange, new.

Btsx I think may go a bit lower .028-.030 in the short term as many are buying btc right now, but I am hopeful Dan is going to hit one out of the park at the conference which may in turn give us so more awareness.

Time will tell and I am buying all the way down.   

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I know what you mean. Maybe we can make a team and then maybe work on something.

Open to any suggestions.

Ideally i would like to make a "coinbase" company fully licensed to process biteuros, bitusd, bitassets to merchants but in order to do that I need a lot of capital and I am pretty sure by the time bitshares X goes to $10bil market cap and I have my capital, many others will have already done many "coinbases"... so throw me ideas..

I've got tinfoil on this one - the next leg up is being delayed via open market operations until ETFs go live.

I think also that this is a reason for the decline and especially I think that margin trading is reducing the price. Have you tried to short bitcoin in +500? Someone with a lot of collateral can make a lot of money there by shorting bitcoin. I do not recommend it though...very high fees and if you don't have a lot of collateral as reserve margins calls will eat you alive...I lost a lot of money with them already...

May be positive:

- Won't make sense to sell BTSX to buy BTC if BTC continues to decline; reduced selling pressure

- Folks may sell BTC (old tech going down!) to buy BTSX (new tech going up!); increased buying pressure

- Folks may still believe in BTC but move into bitBTC and use the yield to offset the price decline; increased buying pressure

All the above make sense. However I think we will enter a phase for no particular reason that "everyone is selling everything"...

So BTSX  whales...Hold please!!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I find the "price is dropping because miner's are selling" a bit difficult to accept.

What have the miner's been doing prior to this decline? Not selling?

If you look at localbitcoins folks are buying like crazy; recent news has been the most bullish in the history of bitcoin; VC investment is at an all-time high.

Bitcoin trades largely on sentiment, sentiment is increasingly optimistic and the price should be ticking up.

May be positive:

38PTSWarrior

I know what you mean. Maybe we can make a team and then maybe work on something.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Do you mean BTC is falling because they see the power of DPOS?

I most certainly don't think that...I wish that was the reason but I am pretty sure that this is not the case yet...Hopefully they will see it in the future..

It is really bad to be able to see clearly in the future and not having money to invest in it and everyone else you know think you are crazy...I need to win the bitshares lottotery when this comes out..

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Yes I 've seen that video and it makes sense. BTC never made any sense to me anyway...

So you don't think that the bearish sentiment in BTC will affect BTSX? So if Bitcoin goes to $150 within the next couple of months you believe that BTSX will be able to keep a market cap above $40 mil or this will drug us down?

38PTSWarrior

Do you mean BTC is falling because they see the power of DPOS? I watched the video already ad don't kow what exactly you mean.

Edit: When i get a new computer I will look for best keyboard

Tuck Fheman

Why BTC is falling when good news are coming out?

This is as good a guess as any ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-TLA3j-ic4

busygin

Wider adoption is bearish, not bullish, for BTC at the moment. It gives more chances for long-term holders to dump by spending. Many of them would probably have sold their coins already if they were not afraid to trust the exchanges. What is needed to rise the price is an incentive for new people to shop via BTC as opposed to credit cards. So far I'm not sure if there is any big merchant consistently providing discounts for purchases with BTC.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Given that the reason that BTC is going down is (IMHO) miners having to sell to pay for electricity, BTC will continue on its steady descent for quite a while. The block validation algorithm is not changing.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
How low do you guys BTC will go and how this will affect BTSX price?

Do you think BTC to go down to $300 and BTSX to $0.015?

Why BTC is falling when good news are coming out?

I don't care at all about what BTC will do but like it or not this affects BTS X price and I don't like when it falls as well. So please hold your BTSX and stop selling them at these prices...