Author Topic: NuBits  (Read 80040 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
We will make the trading bot open source at the same time we release full project details to the public so there won't be any mystery about how it functions.
- Jordan Lee

Sounds similar to something Dan has recently talked about in one of the hangouts.

It's been known for a while that bots can automate the process of maintaining pegs. Dan in his original whitepaper had automation as a core axiom. I don't know why more focus isn't on automation but I suppose there are more fundamental concerns.

Do you mean to say that Bitshares is planning on possibly implementing a bot to maintain the peg as well? That could be seen as trying to copy Nubits' technique at this point in the game...

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
We will make the trading bot open source at the same time we release full project details to the public so there won't be any mystery about how it functions.
- Jordan Lee

Sounds similar to something Dan has recently talked about in one of the hangouts.

It's been known for a while that bots can automate the process of maintaining pegs. Dan in his original whitepaper had automation as a core axiom. I don't know why more focus isn't on automation but I suppose there are more fundamental concerns.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

- Jordan Lee

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I don't have much experience to comment about Nubits but there were other attempts in the past from altcoins that claimed to be able to deal with cryptocoins volatility using bots and failed big time. If I remember correctly it was aircoin? Maybe this is something completely different but any attempt to control POW cryptocurrencies volatility with trading bots doesn't end good.

Again maybe I am wrong and this is something completely different. In any case even if I wanted to learn and invest in it there is no way I would sell my BTSX for anything else.. Maybe PPC go to $3-$5 but eventually the dump is very likely to happen very fast..

Be carefull. This might be a good oportunity for PPC holders to finally get out of their long term holdings...

Other than that PPC - XPM will always be in my hart and I have very much respect for their community. They were the only coins that I got involved and didn't experience any dumping for a long time..

38PTSWarrior

I think to use the word Nu is not a good choice. It is the opposite of fresh, isn't it? Not in 2014. 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
are they using our plan B ?   :P

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Quote from: David http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=ch1ed8ifjtqares72ba8gh5rk1&topic=3190.msg30030#msg30030

The nature of financial investment is that risk is commensurate with reward. It's a basic tenant of investing. NuBits is a very highly speculative venture to be sure, and the corresponding potential impact and profit aligns with that.

This particular aspect of our system however does not have capital gains and losses risk, only exchange default risk, as stated by Jordan above. Part of the difficulty in explaining this is that NuBits' design is unique and novel, and represents a new way of thinking about cryptocurrencies. The purpose of our trading bot is quite different than what is commonly expected of existing trading bots.

So, the nature of the design of our trading bot and NuBits system means that your scenario of an "unforeseen bug or external interference" is not likely.

In regards to seeking traditional venture capital; Jordan is in a better position to answer, but my understanding is that we are aiming for as decentralized a system as possible. Aligning ourselves with VC would compromise that goal. We also are not conducting an IPO, which rules out Peershares.

The nature of this position requires a high amount of liquid assets for reasons that will become apparent when our final design is released.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Lol I hate the "pump wait" time going on here...I want to know what the hell it is already!! And if it can actually compete with Bitshares...that quote you provided sounds a bit odd to me. What is it telling us??

It sounds like BitsharesX heavily laced with counter party risk to me... maybe I am wrong. I was expecting Nubits to be a much better solution than this. I was expecting something similar to what Nxt did.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Lol I hate the "pump wait" time going on here...I want to know what the hell it is already!! And if it can actually compete with Bitshares...that quote you provided sounds a bit odd to me. What is it telling us??

Offline fuzzy

"The NuBits project needs people/entities with substantial funds available to them to conduct automated exchange operations on an ongoing basis. No capital gains or losses are possible within the scope of the needed trading activity. Your funds will not be passed to anyone working on the NuBits project. You will need to deposit funds in your own account at an exchange and run a trading bot we will provide. Your principle risk will be exchange default. You will be compensated a negotiated rate for this risk. You will not be in a position to fill this role unless your net worth is well into the six figures USD or higher. Full details about the role you may fill and the NuBits project itself will be given to qualified candidates. Persons/entities that fill this role will be eligible to purchase shares of our venture immediately."
- Jordan Lee

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3190.0

For your reading pleasure

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D