Author Topic: Bit assets trading  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Riverhead

The bots are indeed open source. The Market Maker bought was deployed with the latest client. Market Speculator bot is my attempt to get toast's logic running. It's been through many changes since my last submit. As it is it will lose a lot of money 8).

Can find it all here https://github.com/freetradebots/btsx_bots

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
About the thin markets: I have the following bots running but am going to deploy more:

1) Market Maker bot on bitUSD:BTSX to assist with peg stabilization
2) Market Speculator bot on bitUSD:BTSX to add volume
3) Market Speculator bot on bitCNY:BTSX to add volume

I plan to deploy shortly:
1) Market Maker bot on bitCNY:BTSX to assist with peg stabilization (need to get feeds for CNY working in the bot)
2) Market Speculator bot on bitUSD:bitBTC to add volume.

Any other markets need some love? BM asked us to hold off on new markets so I guess that gives me about a week to tune more bots :D .

The bots are pretty easy to write. It'd be nice to see more of them.

Are your bots open source? I'd love to take a crack at writing some myself, and it would be nice to look at a couple different variations to figure out what the he'll I'm doing.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Riverhead

This is VERY close. Shows peg (feed price) and 1hr average:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets

Offline Markus

• View Profile
It would be nice that the first page on"Market" on the GUI client
will be designed better so anybody can easily see which markets are active right now and which not!
It's not the best experience to click on different markets just to see they are stil not open....

Yes, scrolling through that list is not very intuitive.
Really cool would be to have a 2-dimensional table, one row and one column for each BitAsset. And then each field colour-coded for how far the best offer in that market is away from the peg.

Offline Riverhead

that is a valid point for consideration... indeed the other day i wanted to get some bitppc but wasn't active and it would be nice not to waste time to look which ones are active..

There's an Asset tab on the Overview page. I use that to look at the collected fees; usually a good indication of active markets.

Offline Riverhead

About the thin markets: I have the following bots running but am going to deploy more:

1) Market Maker bot on bitUSD:BTSX to assist with peg stabilization
2) Market Speculator bot on bitUSD:BTSX to add volume
3) Market Speculator bot on bitCNY:BTSX to add volume

I plan to deploy shortly:
1) Market Maker bot on bitCNY:BTSX to assist with peg stabilization (need to get feeds for CNY working in the bot)
2) Market Speculator bot on bitUSD:bitBTC to add volume.

Any other markets need some love? BM asked us to hold off on new markets so I guess that gives me about a week to tune more bots :D .

The bots are pretty easy to write. It'd be nice to see more of them.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
that is a valid point for consideration... indeed the other day i wanted to get some bitppc but wasn't active and it would be nice not to waste time to look which ones are active..

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It would be nice that the first page on"Market" on the GUI client
will be designed better so anybody can easily see which markets are active right now and which not!
It's not the best experience to click on different markets just to see they are stil not open....

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
No worries  ;D

I think lots of people havent noticed that because Bytemaster even had to make a post encouraging people to make use of that market.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I haven't even noticed that and I am on the client every day...I am very observative... ::)
Thanks

Offline speedy

• View Profile
via BTSX platform or via external exchanges?

Inside the BTSX wallet itself. Only restriction for BitBTC->BitUSD market is that you cant short, because shorting can only be done with trades involving BTSX.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
via BTSX platform or via external exchanges?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
Erm you can already go directly between BitUSD and BitBTC. Do a search for that market - its there.

But its very thin at the moment.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
It may be obvious why it's not correct what I am saying, but wouldn't be better if I can trade my bitusd for bitbtc directly without the need to convert my bitusd to btsx and then use the btsx to buy bitusd?

Wouldn't this be more beneficial for all the pegs to hold and at the same time give additional value to all bitassets? For example there may be merchants that accept bitusd for some reason but not bitbtc and vice versa, so by holding any bitasset, I know I can trade it to any other bitasset to cover my needs.

If this happens BTSX will be only used as a collateral to create additional assets so its price will be strictly correlated to the additional demand for the creation of new additional bitassets...

I am probably talking nonsense  ::) but please explain..