Author Topic: 0.4.16-RC1 Issues  (Read 3937 times)

Offline svk

Looks like I spoke too soon, but I don't think my problem is really related to this version in particular.

I decided to test running it with "--accept-incoming-connections false", but ended up losing most connections and missing some blocks because of it. Would be nice if it were possible to run the client like that for security reasons, but every time I've tested I end up losing most of my connections and getting out of sync.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Getting connections seems to be a lot slower.
I've started a delegate and it had 2 connections for the last 10 minutes.
I manually added all the seed nodes I could find but I still have only 2 connections.
I tried to restart - no luck.
Older version on the same machine finds connections much faster (15 connections 20 seconds after start).
Can you run the old version now and still get the 15 connections after 20 seconds? I'd like to establish if the difference is in the client or in the current state of the network (e.g. less public nodes to connect to versus nodes behind firewalls).

I ran both versions at the same time simultaneously.
I'll try again though.

UPDATE: I'm running again both versions. The results seem to be comparable - 10 minutes after the start 4-6 connections for both versions.
The strange thing is that the seed node that was running for at least an hour has only 25 connections. However this might not be related to the version.

Not a seed node or a delegate + still running 0.4.15 (as no exe is available yet for 0.4.16, but):
Code: [Select]
>> get_info
"blockchain_head_block_age": "8 minutes old",
"blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "68.71 %",

>> network_get_connection_count 

[EDIT] restarting the client seems to help. For now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:59:51 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I manually added all the seed nodes I could find but I still have only 2 connections.
Older version on the same machine finds connections much faster (15 connections 20 seconds after start).
Can you run the old version now and still get the 15 connections after 20 seconds? I'd like to establish if the difference is in the client or in the current state of the network (e.g. less public nodes to connect to versus nodes behind firewalls).

I ran both versions at the same time simultaneously.
I'll try again though.

UPDATE: I'm running again both versions. The results seem to be comparable - 10 minutes after the start 4-6 connections for both versions.
The strange thing is that the seed node that was running for at least an hour has only 25 connections. However this might not be related to the version.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:31:41 pm by emski »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline emski

• View Profile

Offline emski

• View Profile
Found the problem. Had to

rm CMakeCache.txt
cmake .

now it compiles.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Aah so I forgot to specify the target with:
make BitSharesX
When I just make everything, the web_update_utility_automoc target fails to build.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:36:11 pm by trader »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
Sub module update

I already did that - no luck.
git submodule update

Offline bytemaster

Sub module update
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mtang

• BTSX id:mtang
    • View Profile
I have checked out v0.4.16-RC1 and I get the following compiler error:

source/bitsharesx/programs/utils/web_update_utility/update_utility.hpp:5:26: fatal error: WebUpdates.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include <WebUpdates.hpp>

Did someone forget to check that file in?

I have the same error reports as yours
BTSX:wallet_approve_delegate btsx.outofcontrol true
DNS :wallet_account_set_approval mtang true
感谢给我们的受托人团队“失控”btsx.outofcontro以及she.bitrose投票。请关注FUND数字资产运作计划//立足兢兢业业的standby delegate//weibo ID:汤O包

Offline speedy

• View Profile
I have checked out v0.4.16-RC1 and I get the following compiler error:

source/bitsharesx/programs/utils/web_update_utility/update_utility.hpp:5:26: fatal error: WebUpdates.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include <WebUpdates.hpp>

Did someone forget to check that file in?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
IIRC the latency is not an objective measure, it's measured relative to your client. This means you need to be online and synced in order for your client to record correct latency information, blocks produced while you were offline will have high (incorrect) latencies .

Yes I'm aware of that. However I haven't noticed the same behavior in the old client. Even though this behavior is technically correct it is new.

emski if your a volunteer like me (not actually on the dev team) your doing a great job either way. +5%

Offline emski

• View Profile
IIRC the latency is not an objective measure, it's measured relative to your client. This means you need to be online and synced in order for your client to record correct latency information, blocks produced while you were offline will have high (incorrect) latencies .

Yes I'm aware of that. However I haven't noticed the same behavior in the old client. Even though this behavior is technically correct it is new.

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks