Author Topic: Importing backup -> funds incomplete [Solved]  (Read 2137 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I finally solved it: For anyone that has a similar problem here is a possible solution if you are missing funds (it helped in my case):

1. Make sure that your client fully synced. It is fully synced when the blockchain_header_age (exact name might differ a bit) is under 10 seconds in the past. You get this info by typing "info" into the console. It is then the third parameter from the top or so.
2. General rule: Funds that were imported from AGS and were not transferred after that are like they were not imported. That means: In case you (like I did ) made a wallet backup of your BTS you got from imported AGS keys that backup of your wallet does not contain any BTS if you did not transfer the BTS yet (to yourself for example).
So when you try to bring back your funds: You have to import the AGS keys again if you did not transfer your BTS which you got from imported AGS.
Hope that helps someone. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:27:50 pm by delulo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
maybe you should start with a single private key ...
1) get the btc/pts address corresponding to the private key
2) confirm via agsexplorer that you should have BTS (pre-feb donations)
3) create an empty, new account .. not required to register it on the blockchain
4) import the private key to that account
5) move all funds to one of your registered account names (make sure to have the private key for that one somewhere)

if you do not see any funds, though you should have some, check if someone already moved funds out of the key. Todo so, you need to issue a "rescan" in the console and wait for it to complete (10 minutes or so).

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
If you never imported any private keys AFTER making your backup, then you should have all funds after restoring the backup. Can you confirm you made the json backup only after all AGS funds were imported? What operating system are you using and is it 32 bit or 64 bit?
Yes I can confirm that. I imported 90% then I made the backup, then I imported another 10%. But I have about 65% in the new wallet after restoring from the backup.
If it is correct what Xeroc said I should be able to import from my AGS private keys again and have all funds. I will try that tomorrow.

OS is Lubuntu 64 bit.

Offline vikram

If you never imported any private keys AFTER making your backup, then you should have all funds after restoring the backup. Can you confirm you made the json backup only after all AGS funds were imported? What operating system are you using and is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
once you moved your AGS stake out of the genesis block the private keys for your ags donations are "empty" .. the only important keys are then those that relate to the name you sent the fund to
so if i dont move the tokens after having imported the private keys then I have to import my ags private keys again?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
once you moved your AGS stake out of the genesis block the private keys for your ags donations are "empty" .. the only important keys are then those that relate to the name you sent the fund to

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I once transfered all my stake in order to vote. But it might be that I imported some AGS funds / private keys then transfered everything to myself in order to vote and then imported more private keys. Do you want to say that AGS fund are only finally imported after a transaction has been made?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
have you already made transactions with your AGS funds? if so what percentage of you stake have been moved?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Here is the issue:

I imported my AGS private keys into wallet 1 via the command line client. I made a backup into a json file. That all was with 0.4.6 or so, one of the earlier versions for sure.

I have two issues:

1) I imported the json file in the GUI (most recent release; installed 0.4.15 and then updated inside the GUI: File: Check for updates). I this only gives me about half the funds I imported initially into wallet 1.

2) I tried to make a new json backup from the command line client but it crashes all the time. I can't get beyond wallet_open.

I followed all the instructions here http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds
(performed with the console of the GUI client). This didn't help.

Are there any other instructions I can follow or any other information I can share to help resolve the issue?

I could update the command line client via
Code: [Select]
git pull
git submodule update
make
make forcebuildweb
make BitSharesX
Would that help?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:28:10 pm by delulo »