Author Topic: HALP! Wallet out of Sync  (Read 23555 times)

Offline forestearth

• View Profile
Mr. Bytemaster, wallet finally synching with new/version 3 wallet, but mining options removed. Are people to assume that this is built in and happening automatically? If so, why take away the 1, 2, or 3 thread option from people? Please explain. We are concerned about your version 2 wallet and would like to compare the different versions of the wallets to better understand what happened.

Offline forestearth

• View Profile
New wallet is synching finally, but mining options are removed. Are people to assume that the mining is built in now and automatic?? If so, why take away the 1, 2, or 3 thread option from people? Please explain. We would like the file for version 1 of the wallet so we can compare all three versions for the sake of transparency. Thank you.

Offline forestearth

• View Profile
Why were the mining options deleted from the new wallet?

Offline forestearth

• View Profile
Mr. Bytemaster, if you really wanted to help people why didn't you tell them that the new wallet will not work if they do not search for and delete the current wallet.dat file? We have a programmer on staff otherwise no way I would have known that --causing more delays delays delays. It does not go away even if you uninstall the original software and will prevent new wallet from opening.

Offline forestearth

• View Profile
We tested last couple of nights. The correction I was giving to fix this problem failed after a pathetic few minutes of having 1 active connection.  That was officially strike two. We look at the complaints by other users and decide if they merit a start at strike one and they did. You were warned very clearly that this is a serious matter and you are being given a random consumer inspection. We see other people still having the same problem. Last chance to save Protoshares/Bitshares reputation. How do people clearly fix this problem at connect? The pattern here is that you insider group is mining while others are delayed after your claims of being fair to enrich yourselves.... We will try to stop that.

Offline Knox500

• View Profile
I have uploaded a new wallet with more seed nodes built in: http://the-iland.net/static/downloads/windows-protoshares-0.3.0.zip

Doesnt do nothing...could it be the old PTS client isnt uninstalled?  How does one uninstall it?  BTW, I clicked on your link and ran it but windows8 doesnt want to open it?  I would love to mine too. 

Offline Knox500

• View Profile
WOW, thanks for the link but does anyone know how to uninstall the old protoshares on windows8?  It doesnt even show up in the control panel under uninstall programs.  Im asking because I do not want conflicting problems running two versions of protoshares.  I mean, I just downloaded the client.  Got PTS on an exchange and I cant even secure it tonight.  How sad...

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Knox500

• View Profile
Hello, I just downloaded and installed my wallet. Not connecting / says zero active connections. Are these the IP addresses I need to fix that? If so where exactly do I enter this information? under proxy? If it is the debug file--where exactly in the debug file do I enter this info. I just want to connect to the network. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Best regards,

Claire
my email is forestearth@gmail.com

Help > Debug > Console

type:

addnode 168.63.12.227:80 add
addnode 168.63.12.227:80 onetry
addnode 94.23.215.174 add
addnode 94.23.215.174 onetry

and wait 15-20min.

Excited to be here!  Im having trouble connecting too.  This is the error message I get:

11:47:36

Welcome to the ProtoShares RPC console.
Use up and down arrows to navigate history, and Ctrl-L to clear screen.
Type help for an overview of available commands.

11:48:25

11:48:25

addnode <node> <add|remove|onetry>
Attempts add or remove <node> from the addnode list or try a connection to <node> once. (code -1)

Any ideals?  I waited 15-20 minutes yesterday and still nothing, thanks in advance!

Offline Liquid

• View Profile
Hello, I just downloaded and installed my wallet. Not connecting / says zero active connections. Are these the IP addresses I need to fix that? If so where exactly do I enter this information? under proxy? If it is the debug file--where exactly in the debug file do I enter this info. I just want to connect to the network. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Best regards,

Claire

Help > Debug > Console

type:

and wait 15-20min.

Thanks its connecting now  :)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Best regards,

Claire

Help > Debug > Console

type:

and wait 15-20min.

Offline forestearth

• View Profile

Best regards,

Claire

Offline testz

Yes, 168.63.12.227 has problem, it's doesn't crashes, some times wallet stop getting the new blocks from the network and become unsync.
Now 168.63.12.227 back to sync.

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
Hi,

168.63.12.227 seems to be down and sync is not possible with 94.23.215.174 (for almost 2 hours now).

Log says:

connected 94.23.215.174:80
send version message: version 70001, blocks=23437, us=0.0.0.0:0, them=94.23.215.174:80, peer=94.23.215.174:80
socket no message in first 60 seconds, 0 1
disconnecting node 94.23.215.174:80

trying connection 168.63.12.227:80 lastseen=0.0hrs
connection timeout

Offline boshen1011

• Keyhotee ID:Bo
    • View Profile

Technical support online. Thanks!   :)