Author Topic: short / medium term price speculation for BTSX  (Read 7322 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Be careful what you wish for. This could happen due to massive printing of USD, and you could still be better off now than then :)

People have been saying that for years, and yet inflation has been low.   If it wasnt for the USD money printing we probably wouldve been in a deflationary depression this whole time. 

I'm so tired of hearing the "<investment> will be worth tons of $$$, but that will just buy a loaf of bread" BS.  3% a year inflation in USD does not result in it costing hundreds of dollars to buy a loaf of bread in a decade.

Just to clarify, it was a joke. And what I was getting at was that I think it is far more likely you will see hyperinflation than BTS go to $10. That's all.

Also the difficulty of Proof of Bread has been increased a lot. They now've got really efficient machines converting  3 Terra Grains/second into flour. :)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Lots of resistance a 4h above 1160 was bullish and next needs toclose above 1250 to test next level up.. 1100 is support now..
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Be careful what you wish for. This could happen due to massive printing of USD, and you could still be better off now than then :)

People have been saying that for years, and yet inflation has been low.   If it wasnt for the USD money printing we probably wouldve been in a deflationary depression this whole time. 

I'm so tired of hearing the "<investment> will be worth tons of $$$, but that will just buy a loaf of bread" BS.  3% a year inflation in USD does not result in it costing hundreds of dollars to buy a loaf of bread in a decade.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Hold for two years.

Re-evaluate when BTS is $1-$10.

Then hold again.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Hold for two years.

Re-evaluate when BTS is $1-$10.

Then hold again.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Or maybe it was just speculation that the price will rise today. It doesn't seem that good now  ::)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I hope it's on stronger hands now  :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
BTSX had become massively oversold, and momentum indicators were showing a divergence.

We were due for this rise, both in terms of technicals, as well as fundamentals, as the selloff happened due to fear and uncertainty, not due to anything actually wrong with BTSX.

We should now rally hard, for weeks, imo.
1 day MACD is about to give a buy signal unless the price collapses again.  The last time we got a buy signal on the 1 day MACD was in mid august, before the huge rise.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I wake up and am finally thinking that BTSX will go up at snapshot because all the active PTS traders (and miners) will focus into BTSX.. but BTSX is already up 20% and PTS is also up 7%! Then again maybe people see PTS crash and think BTSX will crash as well..
hehe, not gonna make any predictions this time, because bm ... but yeah it will be very interesting what will happen next.

Next stop: Moon. Then Pluto. Fasten yer seatbelts.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
I wake up and am finally thinking that BTSX will go up at snapshot because all the active PTS traders (and miners) will focus into BTSX.. but BTSX is already up 20% and PTS is also up 7%! Then again maybe people see PTS crash and think BTSX will crash as well..
hehe, not gonna make any predictions this time, because bm ... but yeah it will be very interesting what will happen next.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Will only funds that have matured be listed as part of supply on coinmarketcap? I mean when the 20% vested funds are introduced.. Could be another interesting market reaction.

Offline Crossover

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile
BTS is coming... I'm buying with both hands.

It is just a proposal though... one I like a lot, but not guaranteed to happen yet.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
BTS is coming... I'm buying with both hands.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I'd love to have not invested all my available money already :/.

Sellwall of 40 bitcoins worth of BTSX at 0.0000575 BTC (on BTER)... Gosh

Why not use your existing BTSX and make it work for you instead of wanting to use more money?

Offline vlight

• View Profile
Just wow, i made a prediction here and immediately the price was destroyed... talk about a bad timing and luck  :-[

Offline Crossover

• View Profile
its over, 0.024 was only strong resistance, i sold all funds on 0.023
now i wait it on 0.001 then maybe it rebound again

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Yes stuff on bter going crazy. I guess I have to buy some more with my funds for music presale.

lzr1900

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
I'd love to have not invested all my available money already :/.

Sellwall of 40 bitcoins worth of BTSX at 0.0000575 BTC (on BTER)... Gosh

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I noticed bitUSD market cap and volume went up today.  Looks like people are hedging within the system against BTSX falling :)  If it goes down much more i'll double down, a united Bitshares under BM new proposal sounds stronger than ever.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Price down, so much sell volume... any idea why ? are we losing all our chinese investors ?

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
BTSX market cap is now as it was 1 year ago and bitcoin is half it's market cap than 1 year ago..There is no way Litecoin is on the 2nd place for long.It just doesn't make sense...so be cool...By next year these prices will be a looonggg history... Unless ofcourse bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency ecosystem is crashed by Governments and soft hands dumping all over the place their cryptoassets (I seriously doubt about this..)
Interesting article on coindesk in relation to regulations:
http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-bitcoin-developers-miners-exempt-bitlicense/
The exact definition of mining may carry some importance. POS is a form of mining...

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I also think the Music DAC's fundraiser is pulling some money that might have gone into BTSX. That has contributed, at least, to the BTSX price staying relatively stable or even dropping a bit. The market cap of the BitShares ecosystem is steadily growing. And waiting to take off.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
BTSX market cap is now as it was 1 year ago and bitcoin is half it's market cap than 1 year ago..There is no way Litecoin is on the 2nd place for long.It just doesn't make sense...so be cool...By next year these prices will be a looonggg history... Unless ofcourse bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency ecosystem is crashed by Governments and soft hands dumping all over the place their cryptoassets (I seriously doubt about this..)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
What is happening to BTSX right now on BTER, BTC38, and the other exchanges, to me, is meaningless. We are only known to a very very small audience of crypto-heads and most of them have their heads so far up Bitcoin's ass they can't tell a scam coin from an emerging ecosystem.

Yeah but where is the ecosystem ? BitUSD has been around for a while now and no retailers have yet expressed any interest in selling at stable crypto prices.

Barely anyone is talking about BitUSD: http://topsy.com/s?q=bitusd

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
What is happening to BTSX right now on BTER, BTC38, and the other exchanges, to me, is meaningless. We are only known to a very very small audience of crypto-heads and most of them have their heads so far up Bitcoin's ass they can't tell a scam coin from an emerging ecosystem.
+5%

Offline Riverhead

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We all know what will happen when the push happens, but do we all know that we all know yet? Not so much. Until then we will see an increase in tension until leaks become rumors spreading like wildfire, and even then we must wait for the official signal to trigger The Event.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
BTSX is in a 11 day downtrend with no sign yet of a reversal. Im starting to think that there was nothing substantial to the recent rally in terms of real user adoption. It was just caused by the share buy-back.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
This is not an investment advice.

Both BTC and BTSX charts are very bullish and there is a new global crisis upcoming. I am very biased but damn it feels like we will see some interesting things in the near future.  8)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:31:34 pm by vlight »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I'm pleasantly surprised at the stability and slow climb. Rather unusual for a crypto investment, and more so given how young BTSX is.

At this point it seems reasonable to expect, barring any major hitches, continued stability/slow appreciation until the 1.0 client is released.

Perhaps a bit of a jump due to exposure in the upcoming conference.

Is there an eta on the 1.0 client?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
short into: I am going to publish all available feeds (except WTI) just now!

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I'd expect at least a little bump from launching BitGLD. I don't know when this will happen, but it should attract some interest from segments of the crypto community that wouldn't be interested in bitUSD.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I'm positive there BTSX will have exciting news to share at the Conference
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I'm pleasantly surprised at the stability and slow climb. Rather unusual for a crypto investment, and more so given how young BTSX is.

At this point it seems reasonable to expect, barring any major hitches, continued stability/slow appreciation until the 1.0 client is released.

Perhaps a bit of a jump due to exposure in the upcoming conference.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
I think it could go either way. BTC on a downtrend could mean that it's time for 2.0 alts to step up to the plate. However, BTC on a downtrend also signals that money is leaving the crypto-ecosystem and investors are losing confidence in cryptos, harming all coins. In the near term for BTSX I'm predicting the price will stay relatively flat while BTC finds its footing again. Some big new news will need to come to give us another leg up toward overtaking litecoin (e.g., new trading software, new announcement, etc). Without that, I can't see BTSX making another surge upward in the near future, especially in this time of shaky BTC price.

I gather you haven't listened to this one then? It suggests that much more is on the way for BTSX.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/brian-page-8-27-2014

Actually, I did listen to the whole thing and was mesmerized by the possibilities lol. I seem to keep forgetting about it...also, my track record with predicting which way prices will go has been terrible, so hell yea I'd love to be proven wrong this time!  :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think it could go either way. BTC on a downtrend could mean that it's time for 2.0 alts to step up to the plate. However, BTC on a downtrend also signals that money is leaving the crypto-ecosystem and investors are losing confidence in cryptos, harming all coins. In the near term for BTSX I'm predicting the price will stay relatively flat while BTC finds its footing again. Some big new news will need to come to give us another leg up toward overtaking litecoin (e.g., new trading software, new announcement, etc). Without that, I can't see BTSX making another surge upward in the near future, especially in this time of shaky BTC price.

I gather you haven't listened to this one then? It suggests that much more is on the way for BTSX.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/brian-page-8-27-2014

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
All reasons I can think of why BTC has fallen (POW dead / selling pressure by miners; Alibaba IPO, continious down trend of BTC / technical analysis, merchant adoption -> payment processors selling btc) do not apply to BTSX or might even be positive for BTSX (POW dead).

All about the general development of the crypto currency ecosystem is more positiv than negativ: Merchant adoption, relatively friendly regulation etc.

What do you think?