Author Topic: Insufficient feeds for USD and CNY  (Read 2434 times)

Xeldal

I agree the website is crescent mint fresh svk!

Abundantly detailed, clear, and excellent.  +5%

lol, definitely crescent fresh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qU_gEiSbIU

Offline CalabiYau

+5%

I don`t see a possibility to update a standby delegate. I tried to update "neuronics" - I pay the fee but it does not show up - it makes sense but it seems to be a problem to decide which stdby delegates will be reliable regarding price feed. 

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline svk

Definitely need more delegates to update their feeds more regularly.

I want to add feed info for each delegate to my website, but there's an issue with the command "blockchain_get_feeds_from_delegate" which causes the client to freeze and lose all connections if you batch call the command for multiple delegates. I've registered a github issue for it and Vikram pushed a fix, but either it didn't make it into v0.4.16-RC2 or it didn't fix things. Once that issue gets fixed I'll have the info available on my site..

For now you can always find the feeds per asset on the individual asset pages.

Great website! Has quickly become my favorite.

It took me a while to find the feeds, hidden down below in a dark corner :)

Thanks :) They used to be in a more prominent position, but once markets opened and I added the graphs and orderbook stuff the feeds got pushed to the bottom, and until now we haven't really had to worry about them for the open markets!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Markus

• View Profile

I want to add feed info for each delegate to my website, but there's an issue with the command "blockchain_get_feeds_from_delegate" which causes the client to freeze and lose all connections if you batch call the command for multiple delegates. I've registered a github issue for it and Vikram pushed a fix, but either it didn't make it into v0.4.16-RC2 or it didn't fix things. Once that issue gets fixed I'll have the info available on my site..

Great website! Has quickly become my favorite.

It took me a while to find the feeds, hidden down below in a dark corner :)

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Looks like we are up and running again. Bitsharesblocks shows 54 feeds and my client shows the market again.

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Riverhead

Also in the console tab there are some commands for looking at feeds. blockchain_get_feeds_from_delegate <delegate_name> and blockchain_get_feeds_for_asset <asset>.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Maybe somebody with lots of BTSX should fire a few delegates that are not providing up-to-date feeds.
How can we tell what delegates are and aren't providing feeds? Also, how often are delegates expected to publish feeds? Perhaps delegates feel that the fees are too expensive to provide the network?

Your name sounds like you have lots of BTSX :)

In the client there is a "Delegates" page. Click on one of their names and then on the "Delegate Info" tabs. I think feeds expire after 24 hours.

I haven't yet found a standby delegate with feeds who should be voted in.

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Maybe somebody with lots of BTSX should fire a few delegates that are not providing up-to-date feeds.
How can we tell what delegates are and aren't providing feeds? Also, how often are delegates expected to publish feeds? Perhaps delegates feel that the fees are too expensive to provide the network?

Offline Markus

• View Profile

Offline Markus

• View Profile
This site (http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets) shows that the number of price feeds for USD and CNY has dropped below 51 (50 at the point of writing).
My client (0.4.15-a) cannot load the USD and CNY markets, it gets stuck showing the three circles and an empty GUI. I am using Win7.

I can access the BitBTC/BTSX market. Anybody else having the same issue?