Author Topic: getting Bitshares from 0.9.3c  (Read 4792 times)

Offline mrbildo

• View Profile
fluxer555 helped me sort my lost coins out, very nice guy, would definitely recommend, well worth the 10%.

Offline birdinc

• View Profile
I'm having the same issue trying to sync the blockchain.

Offline mrbildo

• View Profile
Same issue. Need help, Devs?

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I believe I'm also having the same issue - @fluxer555, are you the right person to contact directly?

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
I am working on the same issue.  I was able to load my old wallet into 0.9.3c but cannot seem to get it reconciled with a new Bitshares 2.0 wallet nor an account.  I was not able to synch the old 0.9.3c blockchain before exporting the wallet file so not sure if that is the problem?

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline jay70

• View Profile
Hello,

I'm having the similar issues.  I have installed 0.9.3c on my windows 7 and used my backed up .json file to load in my accounts
This works but I no longer have any balances so I have downloaded the old blockchain via the bittorrent and replaced my the chain file under
C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares  but my wallet just hangs when I start it up.  I have noticed that under
chain/raw_chain/block_id_to_block_data_db there is an additional file LOG.old that isn't in the original chain file folder. Not sure why it would be different. I have tried just copying over the files that are the same between the two different chain files but it still hangs.   Also I was wondering if my problems were being caused by using 0.9.3c instead of 0.9.3. I downloaded 0.9.3 but its just the source code so its a bit beyond me to try and get that to work.  My wallet also says it cannot connect to the network.  So I wondered if it was something to do with my security settings.  I deactivated those.  I guess I'm so late to the transfer party that it wouldn't be able o connect now.
I tried just importing my keys into bitshares 2.0 web wallet, I have the private keys for each account as well as the .json file  just in case, but no balances can be seen which leads me back to 0.9.3c and trying to get my wallet to sync.
Each time I strip bitshares off my machine and reinstall it onto my machine from scratch but that doesn't seem to make a difference
2 days in now and starting to wonder if my coins are just dead................ I've got a bit obsessed trying to get this to work
Any ideas anybody? Any help really appreciated.
Thanks,

Jay

Offline Permie

• View Profile
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/

That takes me to a link going from 1.0 to 2.0. I am on version 0.9.3c

Thanks for the response though
Someone correct me if i am wrong, but 0.9.3c is the last version of BitShares before the start of BTS 2.0
BTSDEX.COM

Offline crucial1980

• View Profile
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/

That takes me to a link going from 1.0 to 2.0. I am on version 0.9.3c

Thanks for the response though

Offline Permie

• View Profile
BTSDEX.COM

Offline crucial1980

• View Profile
Hi, I am trying to access my shares from version 0.9.3c.
I can login  in, this version and see my accounts but that is all.

What is the easiest way I can update to the newest version of Bitshares from 0.9.3c to access and collect my vested balance?

I will offer a 20$ bounty paid via btc to anyone who can help me complete this task.