Author Topic: Balance missing because of old wallet file  (Read 18090 times)

38PTSWarrior

Oh hi, I tried the commands from the wiki (with the 1000 regenerated keys) and after rescanning some transactions appeared but still not shown in the balance. I then reset after crash, then it stopped at a block around 550000 and now I just reset again in the hope it will scan through. I also tried the Tx recovery from Unknown, but it said that it's not finding a transaction (I guess mistake on my side). Will update, thanks for asking.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
whatever your conclusions are right now... keep calm... a solution exists 100%! Just keep safe your old json file.
please check your "wallets" directory if you use windows:  users/yourusername/appdata/roaming/bitsharesx/wallets/   you will find there json backup files because the wallet automatically creates backups since one month or so....

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
any news bro?

yes, im quite interested also how this gets solved.... please do update the topic
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
no need to be nervous .. your funds are still on the blockchain and as long as you have a backup of your wallet your funds will be accessible again ..

38PTSWarrior

Thank you, I was too nervous for checking the wiki. Now I have something to do for the evening.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

38PTSWarrior

Hi, I prepare for the worst, because even I know that the blockchain loses nothing it could be that I fuc.. made a mistake. I only have a wallet from 10 days ago but in the meantime I bought some bitBTC and bitUSD, which now do not show up anymore. I thought I saved the recent wallet to my usb, but I just pasted it in a folder and forgot to paste the folder to the usb. Then I installed ubuntu again over the old ubuntu.

:D

How are the chances doc?

E: Some other transactions are also missing. I pray to the sun and the universe, and the multiverses, tat there is a command that can help a brother now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:44:25 am by 38PTSWarrior »