Author Topic: Chess DAC  (Read 14447 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Can I pick a side half way through a game to support?

Then can I choose later to vote on the opposite side's move either because I have decided that side is more likely to win so Im switching my support, or Im trying to sabotage that side?

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun to play, as well as quite profitable as a DAC.

Offline Riverhead

I never thought of creating a DAC like this. It seems my PTS/BTSX shares are just realizing more and more potential.

What other games to people typically bet on? Dominos? Backgammon?

Offline Riverhead

I dont get what is the point. Who would play a game if they knew from satrt the outcome is predicted by bets and not by skills

I think there is skill. It's basically chess by committee. People in the know will vote for the best move reaching a consensus. Those not skilled or who are trying to sabotage the other side would have to go against the consensus at incredible cost.

Offline bytemaster

I dont get what is the point. Who would play a game if they knew from satrt the outcome is predicted by bets and not by skills

This is nothing more than "team chess" where members of a team have to "vote" on the move.   So the outcome is based upon the skills of the voters.

You bet on a team (picking your team) prior to the game starting.   Then you vote on moves, but rather than using "approval voting" you can either vote the same amount on every move or you can vote your entire game-stake on a single move.   

So the outcome of the game depends upon the combined skills of a team.     
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline xfund

• View Profile
    • FUND投票基金
  • BitShares: xfund
Asset:FUND

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline bytemaster

The Chess DAC is a large multi-player chess game where all players can play *both sides* of one large DAC-wide game.

Players bet on the winner (black or white) when they make a move.   Each "turn" is an auction where people pay to move a piece.   Which ever move has the largest balance is the move that is made.   All funds contributed go into a winnings pot and give the submitter either "white shares" or "black shares".   

When the game is "won" the pot is divided among the shares of the winning color.

This game as an interesting twist:  you can bid on both sides and thus attempt to cause the other side to "make a mistake".   

From a gambling perspective the outcome of the game is unpredictable and from a players perspective it poses new challenges.  People can create "chess bots" and join a "team".

If someone is gutsy enough they can pay enough to win every auction and "control the game"...  there can be many attempts to "game" the "game" and that all turns into user engagement.    The game will have a relatively high "rake" which will make it unprofitable to control both sides with high bids and thus forcing people to "pick a side" if they want to win.

The color with less bids (fewer white shares or black shares) has a higher payout-per-share and thus the risk/reward of joining a losing side balances out and keeps the game evenly matched.

I suspect you will have to "pre-purchase" white-shares or black-shares prior to the start of the game and then use those shares to bid on moves in-game.  This will prevent new bets from diluting old bets once the odds change. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.