Author Topic: Patrick Byrne - Bitcoin Conference Announcements  (Read 10759 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Bytemaster and Patrick Byrne have sat in a room and talked it out one-to-one right?? If after that, he at this point in time commits to any technology other than the BitShares toolkit for implementing cryptostocks, then I just... I have no words.

Did they really sit and talk about ? They were supposed to go to Overstock headquarters sometimes in August did that happen ?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:50:17 pm by oco101 »

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
It is very reasonable to want to issue shares onto a blockchain you have full control over

I don't know much about PeerShares, but if PeerShares and the BitShares Toolkit are both open source projects written by other people, why would one give Overstock more control over the other?

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Peershares has done a good job explaining that it is a foundation for custom blockchain solutions, while bitshares is still synonymous with btsx for most of the world

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hmm...I guess I've never heard PeerShares make these claims (I didn't think it had even launched yet until tomorrow [?]). But BitShares has a custom blockchain solution in the form of the DAC toolkit...right?

My main reason is not this but "tough luck" - just have this shit gut feeling (as unprofessional as it sounds). Btsx would suit it more, but then again we would probs now about it by now if it was the case
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Peershares has done a good job explaining that it is a foundation for custom blockchain solutions, while bitshares is still synonymous with btsx for most of the world

Hmm...I guess I've never heard PeerShares make these claims (I didn't think it had even launched yet until tomorrow [?]). But BitShares has a custom blockchain solution in the form of the DAC toolkit...right?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It is very reasonable to want to issue shares onto a blockchain you have full control over

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
I wish. Unfortunately, if Dan signed an NDA he would most likely just not comment rather than lie to the community. Now I am hoping the announcement has nothing to do with cryptostocks.

I'm not too sure about that, it might seem more suspicious if he were to outright dodge the question. Also, perhaps Patrick is considering BitShares; would he even need to sign an agreement with Dan to make this decision? I don't know, maybe I'm grasping at straws here lol.

Bytemaster and Patrick Byrne have sat in a room and talked it out one-to-one right?? If after that, he at this point in time commits to any technology other than the BitShares toolkit for implementing cryptostocks, then I just... I have no words.

As a side thought -- if BitShares were to issue cryptosecurities in the near future, what avenue would be used (BitSharesX, BitSharesME, some other DAC)?

$10 says they're gonna use peershares

+5%  :'(

Any reason in particular you guys think PeerShares would be a better fit for the job?

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile

+5%  :'(
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I know nothing about this.

You right it would be fun except :

Or that's what he wants us to think  ;D

...yes, it's a stretch, but damnit an investor can dream, right??

I wish. Unfortunately, if Dan signed an NDA he would most likely just not comment rather than lie to the community. Now I am hoping the announcement has nothing to do with cryptostocks.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Well, that actually is believable. I don't see why they would use anything other than a custom platform.

We are talking about a big billion dollar company and typically they go the proprietary route on these things. For example IBM is launching their own blockchain technology.

In my opinion if I'm right it's a really good sign for the industry. It shows the industry is maturing and that big companies are willing to invest resources into growing and maintaining it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://twitter.com/OverstockCEO/status/514080375014834176

Hmmm...

I suspect that Overstock is going to fork the code and announce their own platform. This would explain why they are querying the community about how to build one. There is a clue I found where they were seeking to hire an expert programmer with a resume a lot like Dan.

This isn't to say that Dan is involved but that Overstock is seeking someone with a skillset which is remarkable in similarity. It leads me to believe they are going to build their own platform and why not? They have the money to do it.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
One can only wish and hope but I don't think it will have to do with us. However whats good for one crypto can be good for all. Look at the adoption rate of btc since Newegg started accepting them.
It will just take one company to break the ice and have a good experience.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
One can only wish and hope but I don't think it will have to do with us. However whats good for one crypto can be good for all. Look at the adoption rate of btc since Newegg started accepting them.
It will just take one company to break the ice and have a good experience.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
You right it would be fun except :

Or that's what he wants us to think  ;D

...yes, it's a stretch, but damnit an investor can dream, right??