Author Topic: Add BitNXT?  (Read 3900 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

...If you are allin on btsx or whatever, then you don't want to divest into bitNXT.  You are exposed to btsx issues without owning NXT...

I agreed with you at first, but then I thought, "Isn't that true of any BitAsset?". I suppose there is the fact the BitShares ecosystem and NXT are in relatively close competition, so we could have one failing whilst the other succeeds. Then you'd be absolutely correct!

On the other hand, some may believe that BTSX will continue to work well (and want to support the DAC), but also fancy hedging with NXT. Some may even fancy a small bet on the possibilty of NXT outperforming BTSX!

The difference is you can move btsx to nxt and vice versa with relative ease.  Thats not the case with the other bitAssets.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

...If you are allin on btsx or whatever, then you don't want to divest into bitNXT.  You are exposed to btsx issues without owning NXT...

I agreed with you at first, but then I thought, "Isn't that true of any BitAsset?". I suppose there is the fact the BitShares ecosystem and NXT are in relatively close competition, so we could have one failing whilst the other succeeds. Then you'd be absolutely correct!

On the other hand, some may believe that BTSX will continue to work well (and want to support the DAC), but also fancy hedging with NXT. Some may even fancy a small bet on the possibilty of NXT outperforming BTSX!

Part of me thinks "what could the harm possibly be in more bitAssets sooner?" But it does cost the delegates transaction fees to publish feeds. Am I right in thinking that if there are 101 trades per average delegate feed publishing period, that on average the delegates would make money? Should be a pretty simple analysis.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I'm trying to understand the use-case for this asset.  If you are allin on btsx or whatever, then you don't want to divest into bitNXT.  You are exposed to btsx issues without owning NXT.  Clout is right I think.. there is no demand.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
bitNxt is not asap needed. i would focus at the highest tradingvolume 24h on coinmarketcap!

so the next should be bitLTC

BitLTC is already included. It is not actively traded yet, but is listed, unlike BitNXT.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Tight race so far..  :D
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
bitNxt is not asap needed. i would focus at the highest tradingvolume 24h on coinmarketcap!

so the next should be bitLTC

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
It would be pretty cute to add bitNxt and then set up a gateway to the Nxt asset exchange so you could trade bitNxt directly against Nxt.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Actually NuShares are more urgent - Seems like a lot of people here want to buy them and I will be more then happy to sell them as much as I can...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
why have bitcoin and litecoin more value than anything behind?

because you can trade any cryptocoin in bitcoin and many in litecoin.
so we will get maybe a couple of the traders from centralized solutions if we include major coins as well.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Actually I would probably buy some. It's hard to say which Crypto 2.0 products will succeed more than others. I am hoping that NXT, Ripple, Etherium, and BitShares live a long and successfull life. However since I am "All In" on BitShares it would be nice to be able to hedge my bets without leaving the ecosystem.

+5%

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xfund

• View Profile
    • FUND投票基金
  • BitShares: xfund
my opinion is no
Asset:FUND

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Poll added.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
i would like to see bitNXT :bitUSD and so on.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Actually I would probably buy some. It's hard to say which Crypto 2.0 products will succeed more than others. I am hoping that NXT, Ripple, Etherium, and BitShares live a long and successfull life. However since I am "All In" on BitShares it would be nice to be able to hedge my bets without leaving the ecosystem.

+5%
>>> approve bitcoiners