Author Topic: Make an old account a sub-account of a new account?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Thom

But you can still have the two accounts related as FulI suggested if that's what he wants to do. This is pretty much the scenario you & I were discussing in last night's PMs, except I am not interested in becoming a delegate, at least not now.

But FulI's question is still unanswered. If the current, registered  delegate account is delg, creating and registering a new account named nodelg.delg would make the current delg account the "root". That is actually backwards from what FulI asked for, which is to make the delg account the subaccount, like delg.newName. That I don't know how to do or if that's even possible.

If it is, then riverhead can explain how to do it and if desired have the two accounts (however they're related) live in separate wallets. That's what our PM was about.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:51:31 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Riverhead

I run my delegate on its own wallet/account. The reason that I do this is because the wallet needs to be unlocked all the time to sign blocks. Since the wallet is unlocked all the time I felt it would be safer to keep my delegate completely separate from my primary wallet.

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
Hi,

In my infinite wisdom being new to this, I created an account on my desktop box as a delegate. Now I learn that delegate accounts are best as sub-accounts of a main account.

So my question is: Is it possible for me to create a new, non-delegate account, & set the delegate account as a sub-account of the new account? And if so, how?

If not, what are the pros & cons of running as a delegate on an entirely separate account?

Please advise.

Thanks,
-F