Author Topic: BitShares Play RoadMap  (Read 5149 times)

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
just take a look at the code, some questions, appreciated if could help to clarify, there is a dice game in existing code, seems the asset "DICE" is dedicated for dice game, does it mean there will be a specified asset for each game? how does the asset came into existence? just like the user issued asset in BitShares X? based on my understanding, if i am a game provider, i can issue a specified asset for my game, the  player can buy my asset with BitShares Play base currency and join my game if they are interested.  is that correct?

Yes, probably.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline crazybit

just take a look at the code, some questions, appreciated if could help to clarify, there is a dice game in existing code, seems the asset "DICE" is dedicated for dice game, does it mean there will be a specified asset for each game? how does the asset came into existence? just like the user issued asset in BitShares X? based on my understanding, if i am a game provider, i can issue a specified asset for my game, the  player can buy my asset with BitShares Play base currency and join my game if they are interested.  is that correct?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:33:25 am by crazybit »

Offline daidai

• View Profile
that's very good.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
6. 3rd developers develop and contribute/merge games.

what is the incentive for 3rd party developers to create new game in the Bitshares Play platform?

Game providers can hardcode their account rules, or collect chips fees in the games to be their income, etc. Buy all rules related to these ledge must be transparent as a part of the DAC.

Some other developer's intention may be just for fun, or want to get the reward/bounties from community/delegates.

correct me if i misunderstand, so will the Play platform abstract the game interface? such that the developer can implement the concrete game, and define the rules, e.g. the game designer can get x% commission from the game winner.

btw,where can i find the most update code for Bitshares Play? https://github.com/bitsuperlab/bitshares_play.git?

True, that could be one of the cases, but now it still need to merge the codes from game developers, rather than an ideal platform which could decouple the layers. The play and toolkit code need efforts to reconstruct and refactor.
Take a look at "play" branch and other branch.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:00:52 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline crazybit

what is the incentive for 3rd party developers to create new game in the Bitshares Play platform?

Game providers can hardcode their account rules, or collect chips fees in the games to be their income, etc. Buy all rules related to these ledge must be transparent as a part of the DAC.

Some other developer's intention may be just for fun, or want to get the reward/bounties from community/delegates.

correct me if i misunderstand, so will the Play platform abstract the game interface? such that the developer can implement the concrete game, and define the rules, e.g. the game designer can get x% commission from the game winner.

btw,where can i find the most update code for Bitshares Play? https://github.com/bitsuperlab/bitshares_play.git?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:58:33 am by crazybit »

Offline cgafeng

I think the most benefit of 3rd party is share the player with Bitshares Play platform.
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:45:30 am by HackFisher »

Offline crazybit

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
what time does  the step 1 start?

The first step 1 will start after chip exchange model get tested, and having a sample game using this.

Offline cgafeng

what time does  the step 1 start?
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
1. Launch testnet for advanced users, 1 or 2 sample games, without GUI.

2. Launch testnet with GUI.

3. Dry Run

4. Snapshot.

5. Launch by someone honoring the snapshot and BitShares Play consensus

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:28:00 am by HackFisher »