Author Topic: Wallet stuck at 554891  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Mario

• View Profile
the devs implemented a way to quickly push updates and bugfixes for GUI issues and added this to the GUI .. it pulls a signed package that updates the GUI only ..

to update the core client (not the user interface) you need to redownload/reinstall the exe/mac-app .. no in-app update currently (for the bitsharesx core)

rename it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the devs implemented a way to quickly push updates and bugfixes for GUI issues and added this to the GUI .. it pulls a signed package that updates the GUI only ..

to update the core client (not the user interface) you need to redownload/reinstall the exe/mac-app .. no in-app update currently (for the bitsharesx core)

Offline Mario

• View Profile
Interesting that I had 0.4.15 running but the "check for updates" prompted "there are no updates".
theses updates are for GUI updates only .. unfortunately a misconception ..

lol. who decided this.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Interesting that I had 0.4.15 running but the "check for updates" prompted "there are no updates".
theses updates are for GUI updates only .. unfortunately a misconception ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
sometimes the status bar is not giving the correct information .. at least for me .. you can check what the 'core' system is doing with "getinfo" in the console!!

Offline Mario

• View Profile

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Found "chain" folder under Library -> Application Support -> Bitshares X and deleted it. Now redownloading the whole blockchain.

It went from "catching up ..." to "Not connected" immediately when it was at approx. at block 554891. Now it is stuck at 554891 again.

v0.4.15-1-g729987b

edit:

I made a transaction during the first blockchain download beforehand at maybe the bock 554891, when the chain wasn't fully downloaded. Could this be an issue? Should I 'delete' the pending transaction in my wallet too and maybe solve the problem this way? How can I delete the transaction?

edit 2:

Ok, I found a backup of my wallet without the pending transaction. Redownloaded the client, deleted the old folders. Now waiting for block redownload.

Yea I was having a similar problem. I just re-downloaded the client and it solved it.

Offline Mario

• View Profile
Found "chain" folder under Library -> Application Support -> Bitshares X and deleted it. Now redownloading the whole blockchain.

It went from "catching up ..." to "Not connected" immediately when it was at approx. at block 554891. Now it is stuck at 554891 again.

v0.4.15-1-g729987b

edit:

I made a transaction during the first blockchain download beforehand at maybe the bock 554891, when the chain wasn't fully downloaded. Could this be an issue? Should I 'delete' the pending transaction in my wallet too and maybe solve the problem this way? How can I delete the transaction?

edit 2:

Ok, I found a backup of my wallet without the pending transaction. Redownloaded the client, deleted the old folders. Now waiting for block redownload.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:34:22 am by Mario »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'm on a MAC. Can't find this folder.
That happens when trying to do support with almost no information given :(

which version have you had installed?

Offline Mario

• View Profile

Offline Mario

• View Profile
in
%appdata%\roaming
you will find a folder "chains" within bitsharesX .. delete that one .. and only that one

further: have you updated to the most recent version? maybe you missed a mandatory update

I'm on a MAC. Can't find this folder.

Just downloaded the Wallet App, so I'm up to date.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
in
%appdata%\roaming
you will find a folder "chains" within bitsharesX .. delete that one .. and only that one

further: have you updated to the most recent version? maybe you missed a mandatory update

Offline Mario

• View Profile
Wallet stuck at 554891

How can I reset or delete the blockchain and try again?