Author Topic: fully automatic image to run mining instances on Amazon, mining for dummies!  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

ypool's miner was updated, should be fixed now

I noticed it was updated to v0.1e. Is there any announcement about the fix?
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I highly suggest you to change the script pointing miners to other pools instead of ypool. The bug in ypool miners preventing them from processing transactions and cause the transaction confirmation speed very slow. Please show your support to the ProtoShares.

I hope your business goes well.

ypool's miner was updated, should be fixed now

Offline pro-bitcoin

• View Profile
Ofcourse I will, but ypool is the only pool with a decent webpage. When you have a lot of miners running it is very helpful to have an overview.

Do you know another pool or software to manage a lot of miners?

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
I highly suggest you to change the script pointing miners to other pools instead of ypool. The bug in ypool miners preventing them from processing transactions and cause the transaction confirmation speed very slow. Please show your support to the ProtoShares.

I hope your business goes well.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline pro-bitcoin

• View Profile
Hi,

I have a fully working automatic ubuntu image for sale to run mining instances on Amazon. At the moment the script uses ypool and automatically mines on startup with the cores available and restarts when the script is not running.

You don't want to pay the normal prices on Amazon; they are way too expensive to mine with. I can give you help how to use the Amazon cloud and how to buy instances with spot request, so you can buy the cloud vps's with spot instances yourself!

You only need to register an Amazon account and an ypool account. I will transfer the image to your personal account so it's fully yours at that moment.

If there is enough interest I can build the image for other pools.

please PM me if you're interested