Author Topic: How many BTSX have been burned as dividends so far?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
thats ok :) that's why i was asking! On current version this section is missing
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Best place to look is in the gui frontpage. It shows daily income, expenses to delegates and burn.

Burn = income - expenses

which GUI version you're currently using? Sry for asking ..

Hmm just opened the gui again. Im on 0.4.16, and it appears that the big banner with the DAC profit stats is no longer there.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Best place to look is in the gui frontpage. It shows daily income, expenses to delegates and burn.

Burn = income - expenses

which GUI version you're currently using? Sry for asking ..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Thanks Bytemaster!

(Its pretty cool that one can ask a question and get a response from the developer.  Feels like its 2009 and I'm getting a reply from Satoshi.  We are still very early in the game!)

So the distributed autonomous corporation of BisharesX has just begun, and its already making a profit!    You can't say that for most startups. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

"blockchain_share_supply": "1,999,994,273.45443 BTSX",

Not much has been burned because a few bugs early on (that have been fixed) created a few additional BTSX and the supply went back to 2B... but absent those bugs about $4000 in BTSX fees has been collected and BitUSD has accumulated $5700 in fees that will be paid out over time as yield to BitUSD holders.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Burn = income - expenses

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
As we all know, over time shares of BTSX will be burned, providing dividends to shareholders, paid for through the trading fees.  To me this is the biggest draw of bitshares.

How well is this working so far? 

According to coinmarketcap, the supply of BTSX is now at 1,999,883,512, down from an initial 2 billion.  Is it accurate that about 117000 BTSX have been burned so far?  Does this figure update regularly, or is there an easy way to see a current count?

I think that seeing the supply slowly decrease over time, as opposed to bitcoin where the supply slowly increases, would be a powerful demonstration of bitshares potential!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads