Author Topic: Bitshares is in a temporary bubble if we dont keep releasing new bitAssets  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Methodise

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8791.75 would have been a better place.

But as discussed here, additional bitAsset markets will do more harm than good if they aren't liquid. I'm trying to assist in making bitAsset markets, and I'd appreciate a cuddly bot template. There are a few floating around, but the operating instructions aren't intelligible to the technologically mortal among us. A last-mile problem that may be solved by the 'planned' addition of market maker tools to the client software (notwithstanding the gaming risks therein).

I'm reluctant to duplicate effort, so calling for hints about the proposed addition of such functionality, and/or about the existing community offerings.

Be assured, I don't actually shit out posts until I've followed every other relevant thread to its end.
BTS: methodise

zerosum

Ugh. I had a competent Bitstamp/LocalBitcoins bot. I 'clean installed' every known copy of it. Amazing. So I reckoned I'd start anew in bitAssets, with something off the shelf. Nope. I'm only 75% developer, and the Python hasn't been the worst part.

Is this kind of functionality too nuanced to be incorporated into GUI any time soon, as 'planned', or must I persevere?

I sure would prefer, if we have a random/inconsistent rumbling sub-forum.

Now, lacking that, where should I put this line of thought?

Offline Methodise

Ugh. I had a competent Bitstamp/LocalBitcoins bot. I 'clean installed' every known copy of it. Amazing. So I reckoned I'd start anew in bitAssets, with something off the shelf. Nope. I'm only 75% developer, and the Python hasn't been the worst part.

Is this kind of functionality too nuanced to be incorporated into GUI any time soon, as 'planned', or must I persevere?

BTS: methodise

Offline Riverhead

Bots are where it's at. Whether in this market, BTER, or the NYSE. While individuals make trades to try and further their position the real market liquidity comes from automated trading.

I have written a really basic bot to run alongside I3's Market Maker bot (once my pull request is rolled in). The point being that I am at best an average programmer and can get a bot up and running. There's no reason that those with a better understanding of market mechanics can't team up with a bot writer to create some really complex and meaningful bots.

If you are an 'average' programmer, I should be with 'below average'  understanding of market mechanics... even with those disadvantages, I dare to propose a cooperation in creating some market and speculation bots for everybody's benefit...
Didn't see this till now. Let's discuss over a pint in Vegas.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Bots are where it's at. Whether in this market, BTER, or the NYSE. While individuals make trades to try and further their position the real market liquidity comes from automated trading.

I have written a really basic bot to run alongside I3's Market Maker bot (once my pull request is rolled in). The point being that I am at best an average programmer and can get a bot up and running. There's no reason that those with a better understanding of market mechanics can't team up with a bot writer to create some really complex and meaningful bots.

Bots will really help the transaction fees for the delegates and make the interest/burn rate better.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

If you are an 'average' programmer, I should be with 'below average'  understanding of market mechanics... even with those disadvantages, I dare to propose a cooperation in creating some market and speculation bots for everybody's benefit...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Riverhead

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
+1 to fixing bugs before creating new assets. I read somewhere BM suggested we could start opening new markets after this latest update to 0.4.17 so now I am publishing all feeds. I was holding off as per BM's advice to do so. I think now that BM gave us the go ahead new markets will start trading as soon as the feeds and market depth are there.

I will second some opinions in this thread.

For BTSX to  go to well beyond moon and to approach the outer limits of the solar system we need just one asset working...

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
+1 to fixing bugs before creating new assets. I read somewhere BM suggested we could start opening new markets after this latest update to 0.4.17 so now I am publishing all feeds. I was holding off as per BM's advice to do so. I think now that BM gave us the go ahead new markets will start trading as soon as the feeds and market depth are there.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Backend is most important because that will allow me to run bots.

Any idea on the timeframe on releasing these bots?  Having bots doing market making in bitUSD will be HUGE.

The bot itself is ready as far as I can tell. It actually ran for a period of time, I believe.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
This AND liquidity. See my post in the other thread.

A person/entity holding $15M in BTC is not going to hedge using BitUSD unless they see there is good liquidity as well.

Tracking "how well the peg works" needs to take into account spread at different market depth. I'd be curious to see charts for liquidity of $1k,$10k etc

Offline oldman

• View Profile

We just need bitUSD, at a market cap in the millions, and a price keeping to a range of .99 to 1.01, and then we have something very powerful.

This. Just this.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I think we have it ready to tag... for the back end.

GUI is closer... but still buggy.

Your even closer than 15% damn man.  No wonder they called you THE Bytemaster and all those awesome names.

Understandable its buggy as hell.  Hopefully you have your team of engineers and then your informal team of testers.  I know there was a post about that a while back.  But obviously your engineers, who are paid, are better testers but there should be both dynamics.

I understand backend is most important.

Your doing a great job.  Be well Bytemaster.  Just remember if your working 12 hours a day, its not fair if the other key members of your team are not.  Your being a leader and not a boss.

Be well in health Bytemaster Dan - meditation, blueberries, salmon all help in small doses.

Offline GaltReport

+5%
Hold on buddy... the value of BTSX is speculative based upon where we will be and when we will get there.

If we release BitAssets before we work out all the UI and Market Engine kinks then we make a bigger mess for ourselves.

+5%, please keep to this. 

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Any idea on the timeframe on releasing these bots?  Having bots doing market making in bitUSD will be HUGE.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads