Author Topic: Headline suggestions  (Read 4316 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Or perhaps...

This new technology just made Ben Lawky's bitlicense significantly less potent.
or

After posting the 'open letter' thread, I think you might have caught something. Check with a doctor first. His style might be contagious.
 :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
oh what about this. 

Ben Lawsky is going to hate this.   As a headline to introduce bitUSD.  BitUSD is basically a decentralized bitpay.

Although I am a bit concerned about bringing unwanted heat to bitshares community.  thoughts?

Oh man will this ever get clicks. I LOVE it.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Or perhaps...

This new technology just made Ben Lawky's bitlicense significantly less potent.
or
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
oh what about this. 

Ben Lawsky is going to hate this.   As a headline to introduce bitUSD.  BitUSD is basically a decentralized bitpay.

Although I am a bit concerned about bringing unwanted heat to bitshares community.  thoughts?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
"Financial Markets Pandora's Box is Opened"

Today the phrase "to open Pandora's box" means to perform an action that may seem small or innocent, but that turns out to have severely detrimental and far-reaching consequences.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
HI James, I agree with the thought.  But I dont think it is going to make a bitcoiner click on that headline.   Perhaps....

Bitcoin is the killer blockchain currency app. What is the killer blockchain equity app? 

At present I am a leaning towards...
Option 1) I just had a huge aha moment for what blockchain, can provide.
Option 2) The revolution will not be centralized.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.  Especially you Tonyk.  You made me feel like a dick, helping me with headlines here, and I am dressing you down on another post.  :)

Hi Bitmarket, the killer blockchain equity app is of course what you will be telling them about, Bitshares! :-)  My idea is simply a play on the Bitcoin name recognition.   

I do like your ideas, but they may require too much to think about to work as an entry line.  Then again, my name recognition thing my just be to simple and innocent for the die hard-crypto geeks out there.  Anyway I'm sure you will make a good decision.

I enjoyed you previous video by the way.

Precisely.  Just like last September the article "Bitcoin and the Three Laws of Robotics" was all about DACs.  :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline James212

• View Profile
HI James, I agree with the thought.  But I dont think it is going to make a bitcoiner click on that headline.   Perhaps....

Bitcoin is the killer blockchain currency app. What is the killer blockchain equity app? 

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.  Especially you Tonyk.  You made me feel like a dick, helping me with headlines here, and I am dressing you down on another post.  :)

Hi Bitmarket, the killer blockchain equity app is of course what you will be telling them about, Bitshares! :-)  My idea is simply a play on the Bitcoin name recognition.   

I do like your ideas, but they may require too much to think about to work as an entry line.  Then again, my name recognition thing my just be to simple and innocent for the die hard-crypto geeks out there.  Anyway I'm sure you will make a good decision.

I enjoyed you previous video by the way.   
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Hey team,

So I am thinking the next concept I will introduce via video to the bitcoin community is DAC's. Profitable Crypto's vs non-profitable crypto's.   Again this will not be a ram it down your throat btsx is awesome video.

It will be a bitcoin and blockchain are awesome because it allows DAC's.

What is a headline that would make a devout bitcoiner click on to learn about this topic?

Thanks for suggestions in advance.

M
Welcome to the world wide web of DACs.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nedscott

• View Profile

Hey team,

So I am thinking the next concept I will introduce via video to the bitcoin community is DAC's. Profitable Crypto's vs non-profitable crypto's.   Again this will not be a ram it down your throat btsx is awesome video.

What is a headline that would make a devout bitcoiner click on to learn about this topic?

M

While, I think you are far better than me in this kind of stuff.

here is what I will use:

"BTC is it profitable by itself?"
"BTC is actually a company... Should we make it profitable?"

"Making money with Bitcoin. Few novel ideas."
"Sitting DACs, aka BTC making money for you"

The second suggestion. +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

Offline James212

• View Profile
Ive been thinking about this lately and I am beginning to conclude that we may be taking on Bitcoin  too directly and this may not be the best short-term marketing strategy  (more on this in a coming post).  With that said, I think maybe Bitshares should be positioned as Bitcoins, equity/asset sibling.  ....."Bitshares does for Equities what Bitcoin does for currency".   Using Bitcoins name recognition to boost the attention to Bitshares.  Going with this tactic, we would avoid any direct comparisons with Bitcoin that puts Bitcoin in a negative light (this we will leave for a later growth phase ).  The main hook here is that Bitshares is Bitcoin for equitys.... This is 90% of Bitshares' features anyway.  The unique benefit here is that currently in the market these features are not being provided by any significant project.  unlike currency which is captured by the 10 ton behemoth that is Bitcoin. 

So this is were Bitshares can quickly become recognized as a top provider without having to face much phycological resistance from the market.  We will just forgo (for now) any talk about the other 10% capability of Bitshares (bitUSD) as a superior currency.  True this will be more of a challenge for us as a community because most people understand the "currency" crypto play well enough, but few can relate to how crypto can improve asset trading and equities.  So we start at the top and draw parallels all the way down: the benefit the Bitcoin provide (currency)   the benefit that Bitshares provide (equity)......... speed, security, privacy, potential market, how world finance can improved, how the system cuts out the middle man and is more fair......on and on.   
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I dont know if you have seen this headline yet:

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/09/17/bitbeat-boston-fed-sees-bitcoin-flaws-but-cryptocurrency-potential/

Even the fed has concluded that mining is a “serious design flaw". Then again Im not sure that citing the Fed is likely to impress any Bitcoiners.

Looking forward to seeing your next video Max!

Offline davidpbrown

I don't know a title springs to mind but would like to see more made of the difference between what is currency and what is trade. The Bitcoin2.0 is distinct because it allows trade in assets and is not just simply currency. There is still perhaps an element of law missing that locks in the relationship between a token and a real world item; perhaps we will see 2.0a and 2.0b then where one is more simple pegs to asset value or function beyond currency and then tokens that are acknowledged as having real meaning.. like car engine locks. Settings then DACs in context might be useful to provide a sense of perspective in this new world.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Glad you are making another video, last one was great.

My stab at a title.

Staffless, profitable and autonomous Companies living on Bitcoin Blackchain!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Hey team,

M

While, I think you are far better than me in this kind of stuff.

here is what I will use:

"BTC is it profitable by itself?"
"BTC is actually a company... Should we make it profitable?"

"Making money with Bitcoin. Few novel ideas."
"Sitting DACs, aka BTC making money for you"

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.