Author Topic: Flexibility Is Key To Innovation  (Read 1806 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Enabling developers is one of my explicit goals with KeyID. If you find my Key Graph post you'll see examples of what can be done by third parties without an embedded scripting language.

I really want to put the EVM on DPOS as soon as both are stable, and introduce a concept of first-class contracts which "belong to the DAC". I think this would make DAC development a thousand times faster.

What is EVM?

ethereum virtual machine
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline onceuponatime

Enabling developers is one of my explicit goals with KeyID. If you find my Key Graph post you'll see examples of what can be done by third parties without an embedded scripting language.

I really want to put the EVM on DPOS as soon as both are stable, and introduce a concept of first-class contracts which "belong to the DAC". I think this would make DAC development a thousand times faster.

What is EVM?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Fantastic. I am waiting for this.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
And innovation is the key to victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHi-FvzTHNo

How can we promote flexibility? How long is it going to be before we have Turing complete scripting? Can we get it before Ethereum is released?

I think the key to victory for the Bitshares ecosystem is to continuously increase the rate of innovation and an easy way to do this is to give developers as much flexibility as is safe.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads