Author Topic: I thought 0.4.17 fixed the short-matching bug?  (Read 4142 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Hmm... What range are you talking about? Is it a range of valid collateralization? I wonder if that could be it. The top short has a collateral ratio of 20,000 BTSX/BitBTC, but 1.5x13,518 is greater than 20,000. So that would mean that every short in the order book is currently invalid until the price of BTC falls a little more.

I think this 20,000 BTSX/BitBTC is just the collateral that person trying to open a short position provides (i.e. does not include the proceeds of the bitBTC sell), partly because the sell price is unknown...

Is there a lower bound on the allowable collateral? so if the price is 13,333, could you short at anything less than 20,000?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Hmm... What range are you talking about? Is it a range of valid collateralization? I wonder if that could be it. The top short has a collateral ratio of 20,000 BTSX/BitBTC, but 1.5x13,518 is greater than 20,000. So that would mean that every short in the order book is currently invalid until the price of BTC falls a little more.

I think this 20,000 BTSX/BitBTC is just the collateral that person trying to open a short position provides (i.e. does not include the proceeds of the bitBTC sell), partly because the sell price is unknown...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:28:40 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
if the short is outside the range it becomes invalid .. thats why your order is not matched .. (imho)

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
In BitBTC market, I have a small bid in at 13,531.7999, and the short wall is at the top of the order book at 13,531.7997. Why is my bid not matching the shorts? And why is the short wall above the feed price of 13,518.9942?