Author Topic: dat peg doe  (Read 6824 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
No inactivity fee.
New too me .. good to know ..
I'll ask cass to remove it from the fee flow gfx

will update asap
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

Lol. There would have been a 5 cent transaction fee that they would wAnt to do anyway to compound their yield.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
No inactivity fee.
New too me .. good to know ..
I'll ask cass to remove it from the fee flow gfx

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
No inactivity fee.

Honestly I think we should remove all references to inactivity fees.

I have had conversations with two different people online in the past couple days where their reason for not buying BTSX was basically "There is a 5% fee each year, which means that if I make less than 5% yield I am losing money!". 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

No inactivity fee. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
There is no longer an inactivity fee, right?
there has never been any ... its not implemented and may never be ... not sure about the latest decision .. don't think any decision was made final already

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
There is no longer an inactivity fee, right?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
capture non crypto ppl first
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
... and all of this with 10 secs block time
... and secure transactions with TITAN
... and user-issued assets
... and proof-of-stake voting for delegates
... and random seed each 10 secs
... and and and ...

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Besides that there is burning in ask/bid overlap and maybe in inactivity fee .. search the forum for "fee flow" and "gfx" and you will find a graphic
Hmm...I didn't realize overlap was burnt. I thought it was stored off as network fees and paid to delegates...
I should stop posting in the night when lying in bed .. you are ABSOLUTLY CORRECT. overlap goes to the reserve fund (a.k.a. yield)

should focus on positives first then negatives.. btsx rises since supply is burned over time AND its a way to get bitusd AND benefits of cryptocurrency (ledger, dacs, anonymity, decentralization) while bitusd holders earn interest those are the key points to emphasize
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:43:40 am by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Besides that there is burning in ask/bid overlap and maybe in inactivity fee .. search the forum for "fee flow" and "gfx" and you will find a graphic
Hmm...I didn't realize overlap was burnt. I thought it was stored off as network fees and paid to delegates...
I should stop posting in the night when lying in bed .. you are ABSOLUTLY CORRECT. overlap goes to the reserve fund (a.k.a. yield)

Offline thisisausername

You also got NuBits (and the potential primary issue) right.

Not that I think it's deal-breaking.  If it weren't for fragmentation I'd advocate for launching a BTSX clone with that model.  Something about how in the long run we're all dead.
Pjo39s6hfpWexsZ6gEBC9iwH9HTAgiEXTG

Offline Riverhead

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You can do manualy using a console command .. that however burns YOUR stake .. wouldnt recommend ;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Nearly there. The BTSX is burnt by the delegates who burn a percentage of their pay per block which reduces supply.

Are there any other ways that BTSX gets burned?  Thanks!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads