Author Topic: Who let the DOGEs Out?  (Read 10448 times)

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Not sure if anyone in this thread mentioned the following news before. It could be the reason of DOGE rally.

http://forklog.net/dogecoin-integrates-in-ethereum-for-application-in-smart-contracts/

Yip it's fairtly straightforward but lets say it was because of free samples :)

Lessons learned

Utility, Utility, Utility.

In property it's location, location, location. With a currency the key value is utility.

A currency gains value whenever it is added to an exchange/payment processor/large retailer/Atms/Vending Machines etc.

This thread was originally created, because Doge was rising on the back of another utility addition imo.

GoCoin processes Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin and GoCoin is part of PayPal announcement.
So PayPal announcement is good for Dogecoin was my understanding

The free sample is not without it's place in marketing but large equity give aways are very price supressive.

Tightening the peg, adding Smartcoins to the Share/tipbot & lowering the TX fee to claim is about the best thing you can do if you are a big supporter of the free sample. This will allow BTS users to spread their product Smartcoins similar to how Doge gained traction.

Once this is place, Non Western Marketers/referrers* will also use the free sample technique but in a very calculated way - if they individually surmise the average return from that customer is greater than the cost of the sample. (Which is how it should be applied)

(*It's possible the low TX claim fee needed to make Smartcoins useful for tipping might discourage Western Marketers/referrers but I think this is OK.) 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:23:34 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
Not sure if anyone in this thread mentioned the following news before. It could be the reason of DOGE rally.

http://forklog.net/dogecoin-integrates-in-ethereum-for-application-in-smart-contracts/

BM, folks in telegram are discussing whether bitshares can do similar sidechain for altcoin or even BTC yesterday. Check out the telegram.
Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

chryspano

Do you guys really believe that the dogecoin pump has anything to do with their... "community"? really?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
users numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://redditmetrics.com/r/dogecoin 
Milestone   Date   Note
90K   Apr 11, 2015   /r/dogecoin hits 90K subscribers

http://redditmetrics.com/r/BitShares
Milestone   Date   Note
500   Sep 5, 2014   /r/BitShares hits 500 subscribers

Offline Tuck Fheman

What does DOGE have that is driving it higher than Nxt?

A big strong positive and unified community.

And that's all it takes to make a generic bitcoin clone worth more than our entire splintered negative and frustrated community who complains weather the price of BTS rises or falls.

and generous too.

can we donate to a fund to give to DOGE/BTC/ETH holders yet or are we going to continue with the greed meme that has left us wondering why nobody loves us?

Seeing as how we spent 1 of the last 2 years sharedropping and merging shares to thousands of people across multiple crypto communities (PTS/AGS/DNS/VOTE/etc) with perfectly calibrated vesting schedules, I assume that we are getting pretty good at it.

Lets take up a collection and donate to the DOGE communiy

all in favor?!!!!

(crickets?)

[lulz]

This "Community" won't even accept most tokens from it's own chain!

This "Community" disparages anyone giving them most any token created from it's own chain!

It's just too much load on their precious (waiting for the next pumpt to cash out) wallets to receive free tokens of appreciation or tokens for teh lulz (oh teh horror).

This "Community" rarely donates to support anyone or anything that is beneficial to BitShares as a whole.

They will support efforts they perceive will be beneficial to their own personal financial gain in some way (i.e. helps them cash out at a higher price ... sooner).

And you're asking this "Community" to give tokens to another (real ... giving) Community in hopes it will bring them ... here?!??

You may have raised yourself from the dead, but good luck raising this "Community" from the dead.

[/lulz]
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Tuck Fheman

I didn't bother putting the date back in, but you can find it mentioned several other places.

like here

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
They have a dev team believe it or not... after merged-mining was added (a good move in my books) it started to settle down price wise... although it's not any better than the other merged mined coins that offer true value.. but network effect is not to be overlooked.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
price goes up more than 100% when I'm about to buy some... I feel frustrated.

If I may suggest, regarding announcements. If you think you will announce things by the first week of June, say you will do so in the last one or the first of July. Then do the announcement earlier than told. Once you have it ready, warn people it will be released in a week so no one will get caught off guard and then announce it. Everyone will be surprised and happy and you even did things first than "expected"

This would be a great plan.

But the Bitshares folks ave never heard of the planning fallacy, or of the phrase "underpromise and overdeliver". ;)

On the other hand, I dont think this rally is actually based on the 'announcement'.  I think its related to the bear market in altcoins coming to an end.  Everything is rallying.

I didnt get as many as I wanted at .02x CNY either, but I'll be content with my extra 800k that I got there.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:40:29 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
price goes up more than 100% when I'm about to buy some... I feel frustrated.

If I may suggest, regarding announcements. If you think you will announce things by the first week of June, say you will do so in the last one or the first of July. Then do the announcement earlier than told. Once you have it ready, warn people it will be released in a week so no one will get caught off guard and then announce it. Everyone will be surprised and happy and you even did things first than "expected"
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile

A good brand.

So...you're saying that all that growth from developing a good brand still lies ahead of us like an untapped gold vein?   ;)

Yes.  Clearly Bitshares has way more potential than Doge.  Doge shows where you can get with a good brand and nothing else at all.  If you can develop the Bitshares brand so that people know about it, like it, and trust it, then Bitshares will do very well.  :)

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
Thanks Stan for the clarification :)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
So...you're saying that all that growth from developing a good brand still lies ahead of us like an untapped gold vein?   ;)
I doubt that we are doing a good job establishing a good brand ( look at our current marketing and pr).

well, yes yes I know things will change "soon", before we know it. But hey Stan I read that Vikram has changed the summer pre-announcement post and removed the detail on the date. what's up with that?

My point was that developing a good brand is something we can still do, and therefore that type of growth is something we can still look forward to, independent of the other announcements in the various categories I mentioned in the NullStreet Newsletter.   If Doge can get to where it is on pure branding, then imagine what such branding could do for what we've got in the old ammo locker.

(Considering that there are considerably many more considerations that the market has yet to consider.)

As for Vikram, he didn't know that BM had authorized me to mention that date, so he was just doing his job preventing leaks.  I didn't bother putting the date back in, but you can find it mentioned several other places.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I doubt that we are doing a good job establishing a good brand ( look at our current marketing and pr).

well, yes yes I know things will change "soon", before we know it. But hey Stan I read that Vikram has changed the summer pre-announcement post and removed the detail on the date. what's up with that?

The PR and marketing dilemma I believe are going to solved largely by delegate delegate.dposhub-org with what is being created to showcase the community activity to the worldwide audience and mass media outlets. Vote for them!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
lol, well not only bitshares but software developing in general i guess :)
... Vikram has changed the summer pre-announcement post and removed the detail on the date. what's up with that?
BitShares success rate to fulfill deadlines: 0%
Explains it for me :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
... Vikram has changed the summer pre-announcement post and removed the detail on the date. what's up with that?
BitShares success rate to fulfill deadlines: 0%
Explains it for me :D

Offline bubble789

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

A good brand.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Here we go.  We are in lockstep with Doge.  All BTS and Doge moves are happening within 24 hours of each other.

look at the volume ...... DOGE is obviously attracting more money even the % of rising look the same with BTS .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Here we go.  We are in lockstep with Doge.  All BTS and Doge moves are happening within 24 hours of each other.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

A good brand.

Tuck Fheman

I think dogecoin is just a viral meme. Eventually like all memes it won't be funny anymore and...

just look at the great pepe market crash of 2015, for example. even my rare pepe's are near worthless now. =/

Tuck Fheman

wolong.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Dream is destiny, and belief is what creates reality. There is always transcendent possibilities, always an absurd logic that can materialize out of thin air for no reason whatsoever. In the ears of a speculator your fantasy is pocket change, the price a representation of an imagined value in a mythical landscape.

Marketers on this forum talked about how people over at reddit bitcoin sub were some of the most jaded, cynical people you'd ever meet. Next sentence they are talking about how easy it is to lower their defenses to smuggle in the BitShares message. We have to go deep, and deeper still. The moment you stop someone else will one-you-up.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
DOGE moved above NXT on Coin Market Cap. Are they going to the moon now?
How cares about the moon when we are going to mars or even pluto?

but anyway, no one knows whats up with doge ..

Offline jokb235

• View Profile
DOGE moved above NXT on Coin Market Cap. Are they going to the moon now?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
GoCoin processes Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin and GoCoin is part of PayPal announcement.

I have similar thoughts:
Doge merged mine with litecoin a few weeks back which gave it a renewed life to a ailing network.

Its appears to be rising now from the Paypal deal with Gocoin which supports acceptance for Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin.  Its possible, the price impact has been greater on dogecoin because it has uplifted the coin as a more "serious" form of payment, whereas Bitcoin and Litecoin always had that front face.

+5%   Right now 4 among the 5 top five competitors on CoinMarketCap, have had very positive "mainstreaming" news come out in the past week.   Bitcoin, Litecoin and Doge will be (in some way) accepted by Paypal.   Ripple has sealed agreements with U.S. banks for the first time.   Out of the top five, only Bitshares has not had news.  Granted we are much younger than any of these players and I'm sure some good news will come in good time.......... (Just thinking out loud, it would be great if we could seal the Overstock deal!  :) )

Yet at the moment, we're out-performing everything except for Doge. Doge was beaten down and this PayPal announcement must have given the tweenies some reason to invest their allowance checks after this week's chores. BTSX, without any news today, is up over 11%.

Offline kisa

• View Profile

DOGE has a fun legendary meme out there used by non - tech media crowd. There is no business like show business

Offline James212

• View Profile

The WHOLE crypto market is irrational and stupid in the sense that (almost) no one invests based on fundamentals.

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline James212

• View Profile

I have similar thoughts:
Doge merged mine with litecoin a few weeks back which gave it a renewed life to a ailing network.

Its appears to be rising now from the Paypal deal with Gocoin which supports acceptance for Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin.  Its possible, the price impact has been greater on dogecoin because it has uplifted the coin as a more "serious" form of payment, whereas Bitcoin and Litecoin always had that front face.

+5%   Right now 4 among the 5 top five competitors on CoinMarketCap, have had very positive "mainstreaming" news come out in the past week.   Bitcoin, Litecoin and Doge will be (in some way) accepted by Paypal.   Ripple has sealed agreements with U.S. banks for the first time.   Out of the top five, only Bitshares has not had news.  Granted we are much younger than any of these players and I'm sure some good news will come in good time.......... (Just thinking out loud, it would be great if we could seal the Overstock deal!  :)
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
The WHOLE crypto market is irrational and stupid in the sense that (almost) no one invests based on fundamentals.

Is that self fulfilling though? Since everyone is acting on emotion the fundamentals don't work as well. It's like the floor of the NYSE was turned over to 15 year old kids and it turned into Lord of the Flies. Buying what the cool kids buy, any company that shows signs a of a rally or has a catchy name or [ANN] post. It's so absurd yet so addicting :).

That is a bit how it looks like to me. Most investors seem to base their decisions on ideology (some authority said it so I believe it; often the authority is just the majority ;) ) and moral judgements (bitcoin will revolutionize the financial markets; but no one looks close really). If crypto xxx has any value after all something that comes out of the "bitshares cloud" will succeed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:07:39 pm by delulo »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

But the fundamentals are being applied here... and right now its simply a P&D(accurately framed accumulate/distribute for proper traders) from chinese.. but btc was a series of P&D's as well that created higher highs... so might be self-fulfilling.. I expect correlated coins to catch up soon so some money to be made.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:01:07 pm by jsidhu »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Chinese pumping it due to merge mining coming out, proving that its going to be around for a while. Was reading on btc38 chat people switching over to doge from btsx.. now they are distributing doge and getting back into btsx.

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
You will be surprised that many people trade the crypto market full time and some are coming from stock and forex background

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
I think dogecoin is just a viral meme. Eventually like all memes it won't be funny anymore and...

Offline Riverhead

Is that self fulfilling though? Since everyone is acting on emotion the fundamentals don't work as well. It's like the floor of the NYSE was turned over to 15 year old kids and it turned into Lord of the Flies. Buying what the cool kids buy, any company that shows signs a of a rally or has a catchy name or [ANN] post. It's so absurd yet so addicting :).

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
But in the end those who do will be rewarded greatly  ;)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Everyone should have a stack even just to tip crypto newbs and make friends, people love it!

Indeed.  the amount of happiness I have felt after having been tipped three cents worth of DOGE is highly irrational!

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
I think marketing has much to do with it and the merged mining. The mm is what started the market reversal.  Compare Doge to LTC- A fun friendly crypto full of vibrant people or a whining coin with no face to it. From all the coins Doge stands out as the perfect PR smile and I think smart money is hedging in. Everyone should have a stack even just to tip crypto newbs and make friends, people love it!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Looking more in depth, both DOGE and BTSX have a majority of their volume traded against CNY. Is China just on a buying frenzy right now or what??

They are on a frenzy for DOGE and BTSX.    Not for bitcoin though.   
When I look at the chats in the chinese exchanges I see lots of pumping of BTSX, DOGE, and PPC lately. 

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
BTSX looks to me like its just starting another parabolic move.  It looks just like the DOGE chart a week ago when DOGE was in the 60s.    I just panic bought as much as I could! 

Yea, the BTC38 BTSX/CNY price is rising considerably. Pretty intense right now.

Looking more in depth, both DOGE and BTSX have a majority of their volume traded against CNY. Is China just on a buying frenzy right now or what??

Offline Ander

• View Profile
first popular coin that finish mining time.

Yeah this basically.  DOGE had high inflation for all of its existence but its about to have low inflation.

Obviously we know that no inflation is better.  But there are still tons of people who love proof of work, as DOGE has a great proof of work setup - low inflation, but network power supported by the larger litecoin.   They get good security while only having to pay for part of it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
BTSX looks to me like its just starting another parabolic move.  It looks just like the DOGE chart a week ago when DOGE was in the 60s.    I just panic bought as much as I could! 

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
merged mining and block halvin,,, less production
january al doges will be out

first popular coin that finish mining time.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline Ander

• View Profile
The DOGE rally started with the AuxPoW announcement.  It was in a very severe bear market where it lost over 95% of its value, and then finally broke the downtrend. 

I actually made two DOGE trades this month that allowed me to get some more BTSX.  I bought it at 40 when it first broke the downtrend line, and rode it from 40 to 90, then bought again at 63 and sold this morning at 110.    I found DOGE to be REALLY easy to trade, because its community is so inexperienced at trading.  They are so predictable!  I might have sold too early at 110, but I wanted to make sure I could get as much BTSX as possible, because it looks like it might have begun moving up again. 

Everyone is saying now that DOGE is rallying because of paypal news, but I think that really it is rallying because it broke its eternal downtrend, and it is getting close to the end of its hyperinflation period.   Pretty soon DOGE is going to have less inflation than Bitcoin!  (Until bitcoin halves again). 

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I believe the launch of "doge party" might also helped it a bit, at least it reduced the amount of outstanding coins.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Doge clearly has the superior tech.

:P

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile

I have similar thoughts:

chryspano

Doge speculator often do this trick every six month.They wait until most people dump doge then pump it *4 and more.
And then ,dump it for profit,wait for another six month ...

It happened in January once,as a result the price back then *7 .

perfect timing for another pump!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/paypal-supporting-litecoin-and-dogecoin-gocoin-ceo-confirms/

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
They have a huge community of shibes:

http://redditmetrics.com/r/dogecoin
http://redditmetrics.com/r/NXT

(Click Total Subscribers)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.