Author Topic: An open letter to Tonyk  (Read 15234 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
ROFL I was talking about moderation in alcohol intake.

Wish I could be there... :( :(

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm meeting up with Tonky in Vegas at touchdown !  Will having to be doing some moderating there with all the serious people about.

You can close tonyk's mouth...maybe

You can not stay on the way of... dat peg doe ... :) the bitUSD one that it is.

ROFL I was talking about moderation in alcohol intake.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I'm meeting up with Tonky in Vegas at touchdown !  Will having to be doing some moderating there with all the serious people about.

You can close tonyk's mouth...maybe

You can not stay on the way of... dat peg doe ... :) the bitUSD one that it is.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fussyhands

• View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121407#msg121407

He asked a question that could show you that gold is only volatile in terms of $ value .. not in terms of bitGLD value .. he wanted to point you towards the right direction such that you can figure it out your self .. don't take anything tony says personally .. (I made that error too)

Then I pointed out that gold is highly volatile in BUYING POWER, not just in terms of $ value.  That is a fact.  Go look it up if you don't know that already.  His response to that was to imply that I was an idiot, say he was "done with" me, and leave the conversation:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121447#msg121447

Someone who engages in ad hominem attacks and ends conversations whenever the FACTS don't agree with his ideology is an idiot.

Fussyhands,

The statement: "the buying power of gold is highly volatile" is a subjective statement rather than a "FACT". When you use words like "highly" "extremely" you are making a subjective judgment and these statements must be considered in context.  In the context of the discussion taking place about altcoin cryptocurrencies I think it is fair to say that the buying power you can expect from gold is significantly less volatile and more predictable than the buying power you can expect from most altcoins.  Rather than present the statement as incontrovertible fact, perhaps if you explained more specifically what "highly volatile" means to you there would be opportunity for agreement.

I definitely would have been open to exploring the meaning of "highly" and clarifying that I did not mean in comparison to altcoins, but rather to major currencies.  We were talking about the properties necessary to be a good currency so in context I think its pretty obvious that I'm talking in comparison to healthy currencies.  But I would have been happy to clarify and continue exploring in an open and civil way.

Instead, the response I got was:  "Are you really that...., or you just play one here? Anyway I am done with you also."

That didn't really invite mutual exploration.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121407#msg121407

He asked a question that could show you that gold is only volatile in terms of $ value .. not in terms of bitGLD value .. he wanted to point you towards the right direction such that you can figure it out your self .. don't take anything tony says personally .. (I made that error too)

Then I pointed out that gold is highly volatile in BUYING POWER, not just in terms of $ value.  That is a fact.  Go look it up if you don't know that already.  His response to that was to imply that I was an idiot, say he was "done with" me, and leave the conversation:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121447#msg121447

Someone who engages in ad hominem attacks and ends conversations whenever the FACTS don't agree with his ideology is an idiot.

Fussyhands,

The statement: "the buying power of gold is highly volatile" is a subjective statement rather than a "FACT". When you use words like "highly" "extremely" you are making a subjective judgment and these statements must be considered in context.  In the context of the discussion taking place about altcoin cryptocurrencies I think it is fair to say that the buying power you can expect from gold is significantly less volatile and more predictable than the buying power you can expect from most altcoins.  Rather than present the statement as incontrovertible fact, perhaps if you explained more specifically what "highly volatile" means to you there would be opportunity for agreement.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
haha don't worry I'm in the same boat.

I seriously doubt...Have you checked how long I have been registered? Considering I am everyday here since then and I am still get confused, I must definitely be an idiot...hahaha...

Offline fussyhands

• View Profile
fussyhands, can you please send a link that backs up the facts you are supporting? I tried googling your suggested search term, and all I can find are things that say gold actually has stable buying power. I'm open to the possibility that they are all misguided, however your suggestion for research is not proving effective.

Sure.  Just did that at:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg122192#msg122192

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
I know I must be an idiot since after all this time I am still struggling to understand things  ::)...
haha don't worry I'm in the same boat.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I think 5 pages in this post is more than enough to judge the character and personality of someone..

Give the guy a break.

Sometimes I find him rude, other times he is very funny and sarcastic, other times he is very valuable..

Anyone can express his opinions with whatever way they choose. It is up to you to ignore him if you want..

It's called Free speech!

The only thing I would just avoid is calling names others (especially new members) since this overall is bad for the community. You can call me any names you like. I know I must be an idiot since after all this time I am still struggling to understand things  ::)...

So please make Peace and please and let's move on... :)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
fussyhands, can you please send a link that backs up the facts you are supporting? I tried googling your suggested search term, and all I can find are things that say gold actually has stable buying power. I'm open to the possibility that they are all misguided, however your suggestion for research is not proving effective.

Offline fussyhands

• View Profile
Personally I've had a negative interaction with TonyK who seems to be a close minded ideologue.  When I pointed out that the buying power of gold is HIGHLY volatile (it is, go look it up if you don't think so) he started implying I was an idiot and then stopped talking to me.  Does not seem smart or interested in learning.
Now, that is outright lie! Everybody can read the thread for him/herself

I said {after trying to teach first btw] that BTSX can implement a basket of commodities and till then we have bitGold... the name-calling was started and kept one-sided by fussy...

I will not suggest visiting an eye doctor in his case... much more serious treatment is needed, in my view.

Not so.  See the link:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121447#msg121447

I said the BUYING POWER of Gold is highly volatile (an indisputable fact) and your response was: "Are you really that...., or you just play one here? Anyway I am done with you also."

You can't just make stuff up and say I'm lying.  There is a record here.

Offline fussyhands

• View Profile
Let me quote you from the other thread:
Price of gold is also highly volatile, and thus not suitable for currency,
cannot see there that you are talking about "BUYING power" .. sorry .. could also be volatility in terms of $, €, CNY, or bananas

"I am done with you" may come from a mistranslation from .. i read almost 300 posts today, am tiered and will go to bed .. done for today .. have you thought about that?
there are non-english-native people around ..

No.  Please read the link that I included:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9333.msg121447#msg121447

I am very clear that I am talking about BUYING POWER.  That is when he starts with the insults.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Let me quote you from the other thread:
Price of gold is also highly volatile, and thus not suitable for currency,
cannot see there that you are talking about "BUYING power" .. sorry .. could also be volatility in terms of $, €, CNY, or bananas

"I am done with you" may come from a mistranslation from .. i read almost 300 posts today, am tiered and will go to bed .. done for today .. have you thought about that?
there are non-english-native people around ..

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Personally I've had a negative interaction with TonyK who seems to be a close minded ideologue.  When I pointed out that the buying power of gold is HIGHLY volatile (it is, go look it up if you don't think so) he started implying I was an idiot and then stopped talking to me.  Does not seem smart or interested in learning.
Now, that is outright lie! Everybody can read the thread for him/herself

I said {after trying to teach first btw] that BTSX can implement a basket of commodities and till then we have bitGold... the name-calling was started and kept one-sided by fussy...

I will not suggest visiting an eye doctor in his case... much more serious treatment is needed, in my view.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:21:04 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.