Author Topic: January Newsletter  (Read 3020 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Can't wait to see the MVP :)

Those TCA/TCV articles where great as well, awesome to see someone taking this technology where it needs to go. o/

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
So, peertracks will be using various techs for its backend. Does this reduce the significance of the "so called" bitshare music blockchain?
Will Notes be the only "reserve currency" backing the whole system peertracks is building?
Overall, if peertracks proves to be a huge success in the future, will Notes achieve an increase in value of the same magnitude or less? I mean, people will mainly be interacting with peertrack website and frontend, how could that increase the value of Notes?

Hyperledger will serve as the super fast ledger keeping track of everything that would normally cause dust or bloat.
BitShares Music blockchain acts as the clearinghouse.
All the TITAN IDs are on BTSM, all the UIAs and all the funds too.
Notes will be the only unit in the whole thing.

People interacting with Peertracks web app or mobile app are all actually interacting with the BitShares Music blockchain. So it all rests on Notes really.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline robrigo

So, peertracks will be using various techs for its backend. Does this reduce the significance of the "so called" bitshare music blockchain?
Will Notes be the only "reserve currency" backing the whole system peertracks is building?
Overall, if peertracks proves to be a huge success in the future, will Notes achieve an increase in value of the same magnitude or less? I mean, people will mainly be interacting with peertrack website and frontend, how could that increase the value of Notes?

Notes are the collateral for the bitassets on their chain, so noteUSD will be used for the artistcoin buyback / burn mechanism. Thus NOTEs should increase in value because of that. Also I think the NOTEs will be able to be used to pay for your subscription to the PeerTracks service.

As far as I know, their service depends on an on ramp type service to go from credit card transactions on PeerTracks to noteUSD on the chain.

Offline bubble789

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%! .. wonderful update
Wonderful! I can't wait to see your innovations in action. This will turn the music industry on its head and provide everyone with a chance to succeed based on merit rather than corporate connections. See you on the dark side of the moon; let's have a concert up there!
*agreed*
Edit: I posted a link to the newsletter on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2tp20k/peertracks_newsletter_no_1_roadmap_for_the_future/
*upvoted*

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Wonderful! I can't wait to see your innovations in action. This will turn the music industry on its head and provide everyone with a chance to succeed based on merit rather than corporate connections. See you on the dark side of the moon; let's have a concert up there!

Edit: I posted a link to the newsletter on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2tp20k/peertracks_newsletter_no_1_roadmap_for_the_future/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:46:57 am by donkeypong »

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
For those that did not receive it.

http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=1ce803cba4833d9de6efd1fa2&id=adb93a254f&e=d0608b8f34

The next one should be very interesting. Lots of important stuff happening as we speak.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.