Author Topic: Poll about Bitshares-Bitcoin diversification.  (Read 5978 times)

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
100% BTSX
I see a strong future in btsx, especially with the potential for hundreds of market pegged trading pairs, and the delegate campaigns begining to be very competitive.

Offline bobohuy

• View Profile
I invest 90% in BTSX and PTS,  10% in Ethereum, not sure how to vote :).
For investment, agree on never invest more than you can afford (I lost 25% of my investment on MZC :( , funny that I so stubborn that  I still keep them)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:01:56 am by bobohuy »

chryspano

I will give you guys some advices of what I have learned over the past year that I have discovered Bitcoin. And I am very newbie in crypto compared to most of you but it did actually worked for me...

Rule 1: I never invested more in cryptos than I could afford to lose. This is a mistake...I wish I could have invested way much more back when bitcoins was $100...

Rule 2: I always thought that if I choose some altcoins with good prospects  their appreciation if bitcoin was to appreciate would be much greater... My initial investment was 10 btc @ 100. I sold them day one and invested in XRPs, WDC, FTC, PPC, XPM, few LTC few NXTs later on... When btc was x10 from my original price the others went x15 at least from back then. I made many bad choices and missed many trains by selling very low especially with LTC, NXT, or believing and keeping FTC, PPC and XPMs for no reason for way too long...
Surprisingly I made the most money from WDC...lol...

Considering that all the mentioned altcoins are completely crap compared to BTSX and the other I3 DACs that are coming out, I am pretty sure that BTSX will appreciate WAY WAY much more than Bitcoin. If bitcoin for any reason dies now, all the other coins will definitely die. BTSX also will depreciate but will only die if BTSX whales suddenly dump their shares which I don't see it very likely to happen...

So all in all, if you believe bitcoin to be again x2 from current price, I see absolutely no reason why BTSX will not be at least x5 x10 x15 from current levels...
Never held any bitcoin for more than 1 month and I doubt I will ever keep one.I always thought that Bitcoin was like Napster since day one and surprisingly coindesk just published an article comparing bitcoin to Napster recently...

So if there are any bitcoin whales in here don't think about it too much and just jump on the train...

On 2nd thought, actually maybe don't jump in as yet...I need to increase my BTSX shares first at these levels, since I have a very bad tendency on spending my money on holidays and alcohol and I am always broke..lol...

I'm more optimistic about what will happen to bitshares if/when bitcoin goes down but I generally agree :-)

I will partially disagree with rule 1, you probably did your research and you saw great potential at this price but there are lots of people out there that have absolutely no clue about what they are doing, when people ask me I tell them that as a start they should see cryptocurrencies like a high yield high chance to win gambling game.

ps
I think it could be a great idea to keep spending money on holidays and alcohol, I think lots of people here would agree with this! just stay away from our btsx  :D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I will give you guys some advices of what I have learned over the past year that I have discovered Bitcoin. And I am very newbie in crypto compared to most of you but it did actually worked for me...

Rule 1: I never invested more in cryptos than I could afford to lose. This is a mistake...I wish I could have invested way much more back when bitcoins was $100...

Rule 2: I always thought that if I choose some altcoins with good prospects  their appreciation if bitcoin was to appreciate would be much greater... My initial investment was 10 btc @ 100. I sold them day one and invested in XRPs, WDC, FTC, PPC, XPM, few LTC few NXTs later on... When btc was x10 from my original price the others went x15 at least from back then. I made many bad choices and missed many trains by selling very low especially with LTC, NXT, or believing and keeping FTC, PPC and XPMs for no reason for way too long...
Surprisingly I made the most money from WDC...lol...

Considering that all the mentioned altcoins are completely crap compared to BTSX and the other I3 DACs that are coming out, I am pretty sure that BTSX will appreciate WAY WAY much more than Bitcoin. If bitcoin for any reason dies now, all the other coins will definitely die. BTSX also will depreciate but will only die if BTSX whales suddenly dump their shares which I don't see it very likely to happen...

So all in all, if you believe bitcoin to be again x2 from current price, I see absolutely no reason why BTSX will not be at least x5 x10 x15 from current levels...
Never held any bitcoin for more than 1 month and I doubt I will ever keep one.I always thought that Bitcoin was like Napster since day one and surprisingly coindesk just published an article comparing bitcoin to Napster recently...

So if there are any bitcoin whales in here don't think about it too much and just jump on the train...

On 2nd thought, actually maybe don't jump in as yet...I need to increase my BTSX shares first at these levels, since I have a very bad tendency on spending my money on holidays and alcohol and I am always broke..lol...

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I'm curious about what most people think, right now I'm 50%-50% and the only thing that stops me from going 90% bitshares is the possibility of one last pump in bitcoin price.

Just vote only for your bts-btc allocation, leave any other crypto out of the equation.

This was my logic as well! I went 100% BitShares when I realized any last bitcoin pump would affect BitShares X as well. Look at some of the alts on coinmarketcap at the time of the last bubble. All the alts which were considered "top 2.0 contenders" experienced larger growth relative to bitcoin. If bitcoin gets pumped 5x its current price, BitShares X will go up 8x.

In my opinion, bitcoins bubble cycles are over with. The next massive "bubble" will occur within an alt and I'm confident BitShares X is in the running for just that. :)

So true! I somewhat feel like an idiot, you just smashed the last reason(maybe it was an excuse I had) to hold bitcoin.

As xeroc said....
panic buy btsx mode ON

Bitcoin is like the first girlfriend you had as a teenager. You'll never forget her.

Blockchain technology has a bright future ahead of it. Free yourself of the Bitcoin tribe and join the broader movement.  :)

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
My crypto portofolio has 31% BTC and 34% BTSX. BTSX used to be way lower and BTC higher but the price increase has changed the proportion and I don't plan to reallocate.

Unlike most people here I don't think BTC is doomed. I think it will be the gold standard of the future. I don't see BTC and BTSX as a competitors, the potential value of the market is so big that there will be room for several blockchains.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:04:33 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

This was my logic as well! I went 100% BitShares when I realized any last bitcoin pump would affect BitShares X as well. Look at some of the alts on coinmarketcap at the time of the last bubble. All the alts which were considered "top 2.0 contenders" experienced larger growth relative to bitcoin. If bitcoin gets pumped 5x its current price, BitShares X will go up 8x.

Yep increased interest in bitcoin will have people seek out next big thing.  I haven't looked at charts etc, but I have been operating under this assumption. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

chryspano

I'm curious about what most people think, right now I'm 50%-50% and the only thing that stops me from going 90% bitshares is the possibility of one last pump in bitcoin price.

Just vote only for your bts-btc allocation, leave any other crypto out of the equation.

In my opinion, bitcoins bubble cycles are over with. The next massive "bubble" will occur within an alt and I'm confident BitShares X is in the running for just that. :)

So true! I somewhat feel like an idiot, you just smashed the last reason(maybe it was an excuse I had) to hold bitcoin.

As xeroc said....
panic buy btsx mode ON

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
and .. I got 10$ worth of bitcoin from circle .. not gonna hodl :)

Hahaha!  +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I just noticed a part (<10%) of my funds are PTS .. gonna HODL :)

and .. I got 10$ worth of bitcoin from circle .. not gonna hodl :)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I doubled my BTSX holding today up to 15%.  The other 85% is still in BTC. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
panic buy btsx!!!!
panic sell btc ... nice match :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Now watch bitcoin dump to 350 before I can buy more BTSX with it...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The trust that the community here has in bitshares is amazing.   

Went from 30% BTSX to 40% yesterday.  I had been thinking I was done, but now I want to go to 50/50.

Watching bitcoin drop right now while btsx rises...Tony must be loving his position right now!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
I'm not 100% yet but I'm working on it...
Plus it gives me time to learn more about BTSX as I increase my stake. And let me tell you the more I learn the easier it is to sell my BTC for BTSX.