Author Topic: Bitshares Music Presale begins in 2 hours  (Read 11107 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Your logic is like, after snapshot, PTS price will go down to zero.

No. All I'm saying is that the value of the difference in price of PTS pre-snapshot and post-snapshot is probably less than the Notes it will give you at some point during the presale, at PTS' current price.

prePTS - postPTS > Notes

If the price of PTS were to drop $1, I'm arguing that I'll be able to get 298.647044 Notes for less than $1 at some point during the pre-sale. The day is not over yet, but currently that many notes is about $0.33. At the price I sold at, as long as there is any day that is under 55 BTC donated, I will have maximized my turnout. If you ask me, there is still plenty of room for people to get out now to do the same..

Offline Pheonike

You could just cost average. That's what I did for AGS. I put the same small amount in each day. If that days volume seemed low near the end of day I would add some more based on how much lower it seemed relative to past days.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:52:13 pm by Pheonike »

Offline roadscape

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
5,000,000 per day for 60 days? I imagine it will run out of steam about 3/4 of the way through and that is when the good deals may happen... maybe.

It seems getting on board for the PTS sale this Friday might be a smarter move.... maybe?

3/4 the way through the original AGS fundraiser was probably the best time to buy in as well but it ramped up again right before the end, that 75% of the way through was a good spot but because this is only 60 days we may not see that same pattern.

Offline hammyburger

• View Profile
5,000,000 per day for 60 days? I imagine it will run out of steam about 3/4 of the way through and that is when the good deals may happen... maybe.

It seems getting on board for the PTS sale this Friday might be a smarter move.... maybe?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Edit 1: Right now around 17.4BTC donated today, not that much IMO.

17 BTC times 60 days, approx 1000 BTC around 300k$ to play with. One fifth is available for purchase so total market cap is 5000 BTC on this level, which is around 2 million USD. This is before any marketing, and at the bottom of a BTC depression.

Offline testz

Do we have a formula to figure out how many notes per AGS we would receive if we donated to the original AGS fund?

Thanks!

Very simple, total 1.5B notes, AGS total 2M, AGS allocation 35%, 1 AGS = 262,5 notes.

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Do we have a formula to figure out how many notes per AGS we would receive if we donated to the original AGS fund?

Thanks!

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Would it not be sensible to wait until the very end of the day to jump in too?..

Personnally, that's what I'm going to do. I just stated I thought the donation level wasn't so bad for a first day, but I'll wait a little and see how much is "a big day". I'll definitely try to scoop cheap Notes as much as possible and not throw all my money right from the beginning and hope for the best...

Offline davidpbrown

Would it not be sensible to wait until the very end of the day to jump in too?..
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

I'd like to disagree, that's more than AGS got on many days (in BTC, although that has tanked) and the day is only halfway through.

Yes, but AGS ran for 200 days (instead of 60). My judgment was based on that fact. Combine that to the fact BTS tanked, I don't think it's so bad.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 12:57:58 pm by Chuckone »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

I'd like to disagree, that's more than AGS got on many days (in BTC, although that has tanked) and the day is only halfway through.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Tell me if I´m wrong...

When buying notes on the presale... you don´t know at what price you´re doing your purchase... until the end of the day...

is this right?

If is right... in my case... I don´t want to get into something with so low information about price...

Well, you can look on:

How do we know how many BTC has been used so far to buy Notes per day? is there a website like AGSexplorer ?

Yeah, it's called blockchain.info :)

https://blockchain.info/address/37X8DHpfiimB7PU5y35rfBcg5Vxj2R6umL

So basically you wait and see what are the donations during the day, and on a day you judge the donation are not too high, you jump in. Not very risky, except maybe if a big donor comes in and put 50 something BTC a few minutes before the end of the day, and smashes all you reward expectation.

But hey, that's auction style.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 12:09:59 pm by Chuckone »