Author Topic: BitShares Music non-technical paper. For those that missed it.  (Read 1989 times)

Offline NJR

• View Profile
It's a great concept, but, for this to succeed, there will need to be a "SUCCESS STORY", otherwise it will just go down as one more attempt to give artists control. An existing "major artist" will not do the trick. The story will need to relate to a relatively well known "up-and-coming" artist whose material is outside the "norm." The "Blockchain community" would need to get behind the particular artist.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
  3.2.3 Token Controlled Access
Bands can even offer special treats to their artistcoin holders. For example a band could announce that anyone with over 100 of their coins can just show up at any of their concerts, as long as they have their balance on their smartphone for the bouncer to see before letting them in. Another example could be to grant the 10 largest coin holders access backstage to meet / hang out with the band or something as simple as "Artistcoin holders get a free t-shirt and a picture with the band". This process can be automated too. A user logging into his PeerTracks account might see different files available for download and at different prices on music, concert tickets and merchandise depending on how many of that artist’s coin he holds. Some artists might allow large coin holders to download anything they have for free, maybe even allow private messaging. Whatever the band decides really. It's a way to:
Show appreciation for the support
Make the value of the band's coin appreciate.
An artistcoin that goes up in value is great, but one that also comes with all kinds of perks can be worth way more to diehard fans. All at negligible cost to the band itself.

Really like that part. The applications and ways artists can add value to their stock especially for fans, go way beyond just selling their tracks.

I suppose depending how much they're trusted, they may also be able to fund concerts/tours/albums through their artist coin by offering coin holders a % of their separate revenue from those activities.

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
For those that have not visited the Music subforum, follow the yellow brick link:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9360.0
Can we expect a distribution to be published today?

Before midnight EST!

On the Music subforum
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:17:50 am by cob »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jckj

• View Profile
Hope suport off line distribution to be published

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
For those that have not visited the Music subforum, follow the yellow brick link:

Can we expect a distribution to be published today?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.